Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Having your cake and eating it too

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
who issued your Elitist Card?

FYI, you don't get an Elitist Card just by picking up a traditional bow and hunting with it a season or two. It takes many years of 1) hunting solely with your stickbow, and 2) many years of dedication to trolling, belittling, and/or offending people who use other weapons that are legal in archery season or do not even hunt during archery season to earn Elite status.

Words like "String Gun" "Bolt Rifle" and "Real Bow" must flow freely from ones vocabulary. Possessing an autographed copy of Roger Rothhaar's Whitetail Magic makes one an uber leet.

I resemble the above.

:pickle:

Jamie

Ohio
I let my Elitist Card expire a few years ago. never bothered to renew it. truth is that the secret society that keeps track of such things and trains the young padawan has gone the way of the Jedi. some even turned to the dark side. we, um, a, I mean they are all but extinct now. I hear the remaining few have gone underground. biding their time, plotting and scheming until the time is right...

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
I let my Elitist Card expire a few years ago. never bothered to renew it. truth is that the secret society that keeps track of such things and trains the young padawan has gone the way of the Jedi. some even turned to the dark side. we, um, a, I mean they are all but extinct now. I hear the remaining few have gone underground. biding their time, plotting and scheming until the time is right...

(que: Jedi Them star wars) Since 2014 I have traveled on the dark path for whitetails, mule deer, antelope and elk. For the majestic beast which rule the West I will continue on that dark and often lonely path, but for whitetails this year will be different. Despite the heavy pull of malevolent and menacing forces, despite the fact that I burned my once prized elitist card, despite the fact that I know I am severely hampering my chances of success (but will look cool doing it), I am going to return to the light and hunt whitetails with the bow that has faithfully served as an extension of my very hand; my Chaparral Alpine. (besides this way I can blame my lack of success on my equipment)

Gordo

Athens County
As cool as this guy?

IMG_2590.JPG

That's a bad bad man. Wouldn't want him hunting me down with that thing

[emoji23]

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
(que: Jedi Them star wars) Since 2014 I have traveled on the dark path for whitetails, mule deer, antelope and elk. For the majestic beast which rule the West I will continue on that dark and often lonely path, but for whitetails this year will be different. Despite the heavy pull of malevolent and menacing forces, despite the fact that I burned my once prized elitist card, despite the fact that I know I am severely hampering my chances of success (but will look cool doing it), I am going to return to the light and hunt whitetails with the bow that has faithfully served as an extension of my very hand; my Chaparral Alpine. (besides this way I can blame my lack of success on my equipment)
May the Cheetos be with you!

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Had a good time on Saturday. The morning hunt had some deer movement, but nothing crazy. A friend of mine sponsored a guy who killed his first deer. He set the bar high with a 140 class 11 point!

When I was leaving I was treated to seeing a sow and her cubs run across an open field.

Next hunt in on Saturday.