Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

HD...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I am a frugal person (wife says I'm a penny pincher) but it was time for a new TV. After doing all the research I picked up a Samsung 40" 1080p 120 hertz refresh LCD. Man I gotta sat it is worth it. The Outdoor Channel HD is crystal clear.

I WILL be buying a 3D TV when the prices go down. I watched the OSU vs USC game on a huge Samsung 3D tv and it was AMAZING. It is so much better than I expected. If you are at a Electronics store ask to watch a sports preview on the Samsung (better 3D than Sony). It is crazy cool.

Beentown

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I have a samsung 32" hd lcd in the bedroom that took a shit 2 weeks ago...fugger was only 2 years old. Luckily it was like the one time I bought the warranty, so it is getting fixed/replaced.

Watching my samsung DLP now. Like this TV but ready for it to go to the man cave and get another LCD for the living room.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
We have 55" and 32" Samsungs and love both. HD is a must! The Buckeyes looked amazing in HD. And I love me some Duck Commanders in HD too!!!

I've got a 52'' Samsung LCD one of them red framed 120hz ones and love it...

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Nice buy Been! I haven't seen a 3D in person, and wasnt buying into the hype, but now you've perked my interest. Are glasses required? No way in hell would I be able to watch TV all the time with glasses on.......

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Thats what Im sayin...I dont want to watch TV with glasses on the whole time. The commercial shows them wearing them.

M next one is a 52" flat wall mounted HD. my 52" floor model I have now is awesome. I most likely wont buy a new TV until we build our house though.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Gotta wear the specs to watch the 3D TV and to top it off, they run $100-150 a pair! I think they are pretty cool and I definitely liked watching the one at Sears when we were shopping for ours. But I'm not into wearing glasses just to watch TV...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
The Samsung 3D 55" was @ $2699 on sale I believe. The glasses were a bit expensive but like anything else they will come down. I would wear the glasses for big games/movies. Remember you turn the 3D on so if you want just HD all you have to do is hit the button on the remote.

Beentown