Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Headed to Michigan

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Going to pick up a couple of plows in Ann Arbor. Going to stop at Cabelas on the way. If I wasn't going to spend 2k tomorrow I would have myself a little shopping spree (if prices were right).

Phil,

I am going to be experimenting with a zero turn plow this winter. I will let you know how it goes. Everyone wanted $550 to $1,100 for one and a dude up in Mich had one he threw in with another plow I was buying for $100 more.

Beentown

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Somewhere OHIO
Drive safe, don't get lost in Cabela's, and don't forget to wave if you see you know who :D.

Oh and park in a public hunting spot just so the Michiganders can bitch about Ohioans coming up there to hunt lol.

rrr

Thanks for letting us know Bro, I will be praying for your soul!

Have a safe trip, if you see ole Stevo up there tell him where to shove it!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Made it! Perfect whitetail habitat. Drove three hours to get here and didn't see a single deer in the fields. Saw a few blinds being towed around and a few guys in the woods but that was it. Now to pick up the plows.

Beentown

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
Been hard at it Beener and just now saw this thread. I will be interested to see how it turns out. We have a couple of those Dixie Choppers but never considered any plows. I just use a couple of utility quads with plows on them. My prediction is they will work great on most light snows. Should be very agile. I would think if we get a wet/heavy snow you will have traction issues. Hope it works out for you!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Wheel weights and chains came with it. My parents get to use my quad :tantrum: Dad plows for a few older neighbors so I have been just pushing it down with the trucks.

Watched a guy in Cleveland last year during our "blizzard" pushing piles of pretty wet stuff 3 ft high. The only thing I saw him doing out of the ordinary was getting a run at the big drifts....he needed the momentum. He had chains but no weights.

I need to break down and buy a cheaper plow truck.

Beentown