Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Heat and the weekends

epe

Lancaster
Well during the week I run a warehouse that lately has been 94-97. On the weekends lately, I have 0% desire to go out and deal with the heat. Could be my current mindset too. Does the heat suck the motivation out of anyone else?

sent from my HTC evo

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
in the winter, it can be 20 below zero. all you have to do is throw on another layer of clothes. summer, you can strip naked and its still hot.

epe

Lancaster
in the winter, it can be 20 below zero. all you have to do is throw on another layer of clothes. summer, you can strip naked and its still hot.

Exactly! I tell people that all the time. You can only get so naked at work...

sent from my HTC evo

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
288.JPG
Exactly!! Give me the 20 below!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Let's not forget heading to the woods, get all sweaty, and the poison ivy is kickin' right now! Bad combination for me.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Let's not forget heading to the woods, get all sweaty, and the poison ivy is kickin' right now! Bad combination for me.

You got that right Phil, I was out shooting bows at my cousin's this weekend and lost an arrow into the woods. Came straight out and hosed off because I knew if I didn't I would be covered in ivy.

I won't go to the woods this time of year without long sleeves and jeans, hate it!

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
It seems as though I move twice as slow in the heat. I had to go over the weekend and kill off an area where we will plant a fall plot at the end of the month. I think I drank my wieght in water and didn't have to pee. Bring on the cold weather.......

Last edited:
I'll have to put in another vote for the "I hate the heat too". :smiley_arrogant:

The fishing sucks, hunting doesn't exist, the crops look like they could shrivel up and die any day and I get to work out in it too.

At least with the sub-zero cold weather the fish are still biting...below the ice. :smiley_blink:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

Derek j

Knox Co.
I hate this heat also. I have a pretty long list os crap I need to do, but its too damn hot to do anything. Sucks because I need to get firewood cut also. Had too much snow on the ground to get the tractor back and drag logs out.....then it rained for 3 months straight.