Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Heated seats in the blind?

Floki

So I took some seats out of a Yukon I was getting rid of. With the thought in mind damn these are comfortable. Be nice in a blind.

Anyhow they were heated seats. So I started thinking well wouldn’t it be nice to have heated seats in the blind/soon to be blinds.

The connections are there etc. Thing is it’s just a thought for me.

It’s the making it work part that is the problem. Could it be done by hooking up to a battery? Thoughts?

Probably be sold all across America next year. Lol anyhow.

Anyone got any ideas for the hillbilly heaven blind.

Regardless they are going in blinds. Way to comfortable not to. Meanwhile they are garage ornaments to piss the ol Ladey off!🤙🏻

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
They'd drain a battery pretty quick.

BUT you could hook the battery up to a solar charger to recharge the battery for the next hunt. The battery might mast long enough to knock the chill out of the seats.

Reactions: Floki

Floki

They'd drain a battery pretty quick.

BUT you could hook the battery up to a solar charger to recharge the battery for the next hunt. The battery might mast long enough to knock the chill out of the seats.

I wasn’t certain if I could use a marine battery, maybe put a converter on it or what. Buy two and switch them out I dunno. Hell the way kids move around in there maybe some kind of bike pedal system below the seat?🤣

Reactions: Dustinb80

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It's an interesting thought, but why go through the trouble? When has anyone's ass ever got cold INSIDE a blind? Take a buddy heater and call it good.

Reactions: giles and Floki

Floki

It's an interesting thought, but why go through the trouble? When has anyone's ass ever got cold INSIDE a blind? Take a buddy heater and call it good.

Well, In Hillbilly Heaven you could have heated seats/ luxurious heated seats like no other blind you have ever been in. Wanna recline? Go ahead, recline, kick bac! Put your feet up.

Feel the need for hot coffee hook the coffee pot up to the battery. How about an omlet hook up the griddle .

Butt feeling a little cold?Back aching?No worries. Hillbilly Heaven has it all. Turn on them heated seats. You deserve it . Want to be a little warmer no worries look to your right. Just bend down and turn on that little buddy heater. 😁😁😁😁

But wait there’s more...

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Good thinking on the mice, that could be an issue.

It’s a cool idea. Heated seats would be pretty neat if you could make it work. Extension cord? Solar panel?

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Well, In Hillbilly Heaven you could have heated seats/ luxurious heated seats like no other blind you have ever been in. Wanna recline? Go ahead, recline, kick bac! Put your feet up.

Feel the need for hot coffee hook the coffee pot up to the battery. How about an omlet hook up the griddle .

Butt feeling a little cold?Back aching?No worries. Hillbilly Heaven has it all. Turn on them heated seats. You deserve it . Want to be a little warmer no worries look to your right. Just bend down and turn on that little buddy heater. 😁😁😁😁

But wait there’s more...
Sounds like you're trying to catch up with the waterfowling crowd..

So heaters in blinds and such.... isn't that a scent issue, like the little buddy heaters? I'd think a heated carseat would put off less smell. But what do I know?

Reactions: Floki

Floki

Sounds like you're trying to catch up with the waterfowling crowd..

So heaters in blinds and such.... isn't that a scent issue, like the little buddy heaters? I'd think a heated carseat would put off less smell. But what do I know?

I don’t care to much about smell. I’m thinking of all the nice things I can have when I get older and before.

Make them last 20 years great. Type of thing.

Been sitting on the ground last 20 years up against any ol tree usually will do. Have had a lot of success. Now days tends to hurt my butt back etc. Blind hunting isnt really my thing yet, I know sooner or later that’s where I’ll end up. Helps with kids as well. Figure if I’m gonna do it I’m gonna do right.

Floki

I still like the idea, power is easy enough to figure out, but the rodents...I can’t think of a solid way to deal with them.

I’m sorta lucky. So I guess. I get materials for free. I used deck planking on my floor in the blind I built. But I could definitely make it rodent proof. Just have to work on the first prototype. Then it’s off to the races.

Reactions: giles

Buckkillr

Athens
It sounds awesome but don't think it's feasible. You may get a hunt or 2 out of a car battery maybe 4 out of a marine type battery but the ideal of packing a 50# battery in and out would kill it for me. Solar would work if you have enough sun, especially in the winter the sun is lower and the panels need to have pretty direct sun to get full power and I've found it takes a big panel to get enough power to charge a battery in a reasonable amount of time.

I have a sailboat and while we're out the kids are bored so they sit below plugged into the 12 volt outlet playing games on phones, lights etc. So I bought a 30 watt panel and it's no where near big enough to keep up with what they do. I would guess I would need a 100 watt panel to keep up with there things and there pretty pricey and big. Hope it works out for you

Reactions: Jackalope

Buckmaster

Portage
My deer feeder has a solar panel and 12 volt battery. It’s been functioning twice daily for 5 years straight now 24/7/365. Get a big enough panel from Harbor Freight and I think you’ll be set.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The problem with solar will be you'll only get 1 hunt per weekend. If you deplete the battery bank on Saturday there won't be enough daylight to recharge before a Sunday morning hunt. No doubt it could recharge by the next weekend though. You need to call the manufacturer and find out the consumption rate of the seat before we'll know how long you'll have heat.