Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hedge's chicken chronicles

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
How many meat birds will you have in there? Looks great, by the way.

For reference... I just ran a batch of 50 cornish cross in a 8' x 12' chicken tractor. I had to move them 2x per day at minimum. Meat birds are messy suckers that's for sure.
Thanks. That's 8'x12' also, only planning on 20 this go around but i know about 50 is the max.

Reactions: jagermeister

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks. That's 8'x12' also, only planning on 20 this go around but i know about 50 is the max.
Nice. You should be good for a full day when theyre 5+ weeks old. Maybe two days before that. Butchering yourselves or taking them somewhere? If doing them yourself, I HIGHLY recommend the shrink bags from Texas Poultry. They’re about 30 cents apiece but more than worth it.

Reactions: 5Cent

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Nice. You should be good for a full day when theyre 5+ weeks old. Maybe two days before that. Butchering yourselves or taking them somewhere? If doing them yourself, I HIGHLY recommend the shrink bags from Texas Poultry. They’re about 30 cents apiece but more than worth it.
The cool thing about buying them as a fair project is that all the ones we buy can be processed at the same cost as the fair buyers. I've done it myself, and it's a full days work.