Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hellz yeah!!!

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I'm still hoping to get pics of two other bucks that I had hoped would survive this year, but the list for 2011 looks great so far. When I checked my cams this weekend, I saved the best for last and I was rewarded for my patience! Moe, Boss Hawg, Larry, and Captain Jack all showed up on camera, although I didn't get all that great of pics from any of them; but they were good enough to know they are still out there!!! Here's the list for 2011 as it stands today...

Moe

Boss

Larry

Captain Jack

I also have two other graet 2.5's similar to Captain Jack that I have not seen in a while I am hoping made it. The only other shooter I have not seen is a deer I call Krusty. I know he made it through the youth season and both gun seasons, but I have not seen him since Christmas. Rumor has it that he was seen post muzzleloader, so I still have my fingers crossed!!!

Krusty

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Let me know if you are reserving open treestands for next season!

Those are some fine looking prospects for sure.......I fully expect you to find some sheds this year.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I plan to shed hunt like a mad man this year. This story with Moe is beginning to transform into another Deucesque saga and I want to take this one to the next level. I spent 5 hours in the Jeep yesterday driving around for work, so I had a lot of time to think. We are entering our sixth year at the farm and I've decided to focus on killing a buck out there for the first time. The goal is to expand my hunting oppurtunities in and around the farm in addition to offering a large amount of varied food. I'm not saying I won't shoot another buck, but my primary goal is to kill Moe. Barring any unforseen major changes to his environment, I anticipate that he'll stay close and he'll continue to use what I believe to be his preferred bedding area. I learned some valuable lessons from the Deuce fiasco, so I won't be getting that wrapped up again. But it's hard not to pursue this deer given the history we already have together. Hell, I had him at 44 yards and had my lazy ass cut a branch I kept meaning to cut, I most likely would have killed him this year. With all the pictures, three encounters, and now an entire off season to let things brew, he'll be hard to get off my mind.

This coming season is probably going to be my last season as a non-parent and I plan to hunt harder than ever and absolutely will not screw up and shoot a small buck again. I learned this year that I'm cool with eating a tag and that shooting a "nice" deer is not something I care to do again...

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
What ever happened to crazy rack?

No clue to be honest. I haven't been on that farm in two months. I'm headed out there this weekend to call yotes. I'm taking some corn and a camera with me. I'm gonna see if I can get him coming in to his favorite food! If I can verify he is alive before September, I might hunt out there again assuming I can get permission. If not, I'm not heart broken. It was fun while it lasted and he gave me two great learning experiences...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Awesome looking hit list ya got there Jesse! I was wondering what happened to Crazyrack TOO! Moe has got great character!!!