Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hey Tonk.. Is this "BOO"???

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Daily Record Outdoor Editor
AKRON — Here's a news flash — Ohio sportsmen don't think there's as many deer in the state as the Ohio Division of Wildlife says there are.

Like death and taxes, deer comments ruled the day at the District 3 open house in Akron on Saturday, where the DOW welcomed sportsmen and women to attend and voice their opinions and post their comments.

"The bottom line is we're still above target levels in all 19 counties in northeast Ohio," said Scott Peters, acting wildlife management supervisor for District 3. "There's so many factors, it's mind-boggling."

David Miller, Winesburg, was among a group of Amish from Holmes County who were there to talk whitetails. "A lot of people are seeing less deer," said Miller. "The tags are too liberal."
http://www.the-daily-record.com/news/article/4994077

Cant blame it on some internet conspiracy either. The Amish aren't even online..

The heat is ON.. The heat is OOnnnn... :smiley_blackeye::smiley_crocodile:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
"It's not just Ohio that had a decline in deer harvest," said Peters. "West Virginia was down by a third, and they had the highest mast in 40 years. (West Virginia) feels that contributed to the decline.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but didn't WV. just decrease the amount of does that's able to be harvested for this next season ? Now I wouldn't see them doing so if the reason for the low numbers harvested was do to a mast crop that was the best in 40 years :smiley_chinrub: :smiley_dead:.

WVA lowering doe bag limits.

SOUTH CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — The Division of Natural Resources is proposing limits on the number of antlerless deer that hunters can kill in some counties.

The Charleston Gazette reports that the move is in response to a 31 percent decline in the deer kill in 2010 compared to the previous year.

The proposal must be approved by the Natural Resources Commission.

It would reduce bag limits in more than two-thirds of all counties or parts of counties that have antlerless deer seasons. Regulations would be unchanged in 16 counties or parts of counties that have such seasons.

Public hearings are scheduled in March around the state.

Blame the mast crop all you want Tonk but I didn't see one hunter standing in the middle of a thousand acre field scratching his head wondering where the damn deer are.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Red, a couple sayings comes to mind..

Blowing smoke up our ass
Pissing down our backs and telling us it's raining
Treating us like mushrooms.. Keeping us in the dark and feeding us bullshit.