Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ho Lee Shit

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Dang I estimate I have had at least 25 jabs in my life. All the measles mumps kid stuff, penicillin shots when docs made house calls, several tetanus, flu, pneumonia, covid, usmc overseas shots, antibiotics, nerver blocker, dang prolly some more I forgot - dang.
How about you?

Jamie

Ohio
nothing but the usual childhood immunizations, MMR and stuff. and couple of tetanus shots after major fuck ups, lol. have never gotten a flu shot. got a cortisone shot in my shoulder a few years ago, too. got nothing against needles or immunizations if I actually need them.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I have no idea how many I've had. Whatever was required for me in order to attend public school back throughout the 70's. Then again in the military, which I paid no attention how many they gave me. I just know it was a lot when I served. Since then, I haven't had any others, except for whatever pain drugs or whatever they use to knock a person out for surgeries, either through IVs and/or an injection for my medical type emergencies of the past, and perhaps when I was treated for a histoplasmoses infection in my chest. Other than that, I have not volunteered for any immunization type shot from anyone ever since, and all of that happened when I was much younger.

I try my best to stay away from doctors and/or hospitals and simply practice good health habits as best as I can these days here at home. Very seldom do I ever get sick other then the regular basic seasonal type allergies or sinus issues once in while. that's about it.

Back in 92, I had one of the best heart surgeons in the county at the time ask me if I was a professional athlete when I was recovering from pretty darn serious auto wrench that wasn't my fault, that nearly killed me on the spot when it happened. The doctor induced me into a coma for 10 days before he even worked on me due to all the server swelling around most of my vital organs and the head. He was amazed on how quickly I recovered from those injuries, both internally and external. Took me about a year in a half to recover to the point where I felt I was basically back to my normal self, however, I still suffer from it today. Arthritis mainly in my chest and back area, where all my ribs connect to my vertebrae. Anytime I over do it, physical work wise or any real bitter cold temperatures, get to me pretty bad. When it happens, it's like someone punched me in the chest and then I suffer what is like, the wind was knock out of me, or like breathing out of drinking straw, because my ribs don't expand normally trying to take a breath when it happens. That too only happens once in while nowadays, and I try to look out for it, trying to be as proactive about it as best as I can. Any decent physical activity in the summer or warmer months isn't nearly as bad for me, so, you can say that I do prefer sun heat or warmer seasons over the winter months these days. It's one of the reasons why I love being in the woods from open-n-day hunting season until I'm forced to pull out my heavy winter gear to keep me protected from those colder outdoor temps.

Sorry if I went a bit over board here, but that's the jest pretty much of all my medical history, right there in a nutshell, for all to read 😁

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Pretty much just the childhood stuff for me. I’ve never had a flu shot. I have way more stuff sucked out of me than I’ve ever had injected into me...
Look here is a crazy nurse with one tube of three that she got out of my knee the other day.... as happy as she looks, I was happier. 😁
31FCD89F-2868-476A-8EE7-61BBEAE80C80.png

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I guess I forgot about steroids... I’ve had a bunch of that stuff shot in me.

Just wanted to clarify, it was the photograph of the smiling person that made me laugh out loud, not towards you brock.

Sorry for your troubles though. My brother had similar knee problems as well. Had to be drained a few times that I know of. I just remember how swollen his knee would get. Wasn't pretty to look at.

Anyways, hope I clarified that and you understand.

Reactions: the Lackster

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Just wanted to clarify, it was the photograph of the smiling person that made me laugh out loud, not towards you brock.

Sorry for your troubles though. My brother had similar knee problems as well. Had to be drained a few times that I know of. I just remember how swollen his knee would get. Wasn't pretty to look at.

Anyways, hope I clarified that and you understand.
Nothing to worry about w me, Denny. I e had my knees drained dozens of times since I was 17, maybe hundreds would be more accurate. I’ve had to explain to a number of medical professionals how to do it, this lady included. Between me and YouTube, she’s learned well and does a fine job now. She and my buddy, Charlie, were both pretty nervous about doing it when I first started having them do the procedure. They have it under control now and I’m thrilled I no longer need to go to an orthopedic to have it done. 😁. It’s no big deal but it freaks the uninitiated completely out. 😁

Geezer II

portage county oh
Dang I estimate I have had at least 25 jabs in my life. All the measles mumps kid stuff, penicillin shots when docs made house calls, several tetanus, flu, pneumonia, covid, usmc overseas shots, antibiotics, nerver blocker, dang pryeolly some more I forgot - dang.
How about you?

Well shiit i forgot to include my eye injections - 2 shot in each eye every 6 weeks for last 6 years for AMD - uhm a pin cushion - Dang

Last edited:
Reactions: the Lackster

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Well shiit i forgot to include my eye injections - 2 shot in each eye every 6 weeks for last 6 years for AMD - uhm a pin cushion - Dang
Thanks for the reminder, Geezer! I about lost my left eye 17 years ago. Over a three month period I got a ton of shots in it too! I was pleasantly surprised they didn’t really hurt but it was creepy to see the lil Asian doctor with his headlight on coming at my eye with a needle. Lol.

I ain’t afraid of needles, but I am avoiding the vax. 😁

Geezer II

portage county oh
Thanks for the reminder, Geezer! I about lost my left eye 17 years ago. Over a three month period I got a ton of shots in it too! I was pleasantly surprised they didn’t really hurt but it was creepy to see the lil Asian doctor with his headlight on coming at my eye with a needle. Lol.

I ain’t afraid of needles, but I am avoiding the vax. 😁

Yeah they don't hurt to much the hard part is to not move your eye when there doing it - dang