Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Homemade adjustable boat duck blind.

Matt

Norton, OH
Been pretty busy lately and haven't had much time to be on here, but figured I would post up my duck blind build, one of the things that has kept me busy. I wanted to make a blind that was adjustable so I could use it on my canoe as well as a small Jon boat. I used 3/4" EMT conduit, with the various connections. Here are some pics, any questions just ask!

Overall design, after paint.

Close-ups
Bottom connections

Center connection

Angle connections. I used these connections because they were cheaper and just used self drilling screws to hold in place.

Because I wasn't using this blind on just one boat, I needed to come up with a way to have the mounts adjustable. So, drill a couple holes in some c-clamps and attach conduit hangers, and voila!

Attached

Picked up some 3d blind fabric at wallyworld, attached with zip ties.

Someone curbed an artificial xmas tree so I scrapped that.

And filled in the blind. I used whole branches along the top edge and weaved individual strands into the blind fabric. This was the end result.

Matt

Norton, OH
Folded up. The xmas tree had a wrap around the pole that I used to keep the fabric rolled up.

In the field. No luck unfortunately that day. No birds really flying.

A few after-thoughts... The blind fabric isn't the most sturdy. I eventually plan to shore it up with some burlap material and this deer netting they sell at home depot. Also, I have to bring along metal fencing stakes when hunting from the canoe and use them to stake down the boat. Learned from experience that shooting 3.5" shells while standing in a canoe is not advisable, lol! All told, I probably have about $60 in this all told when considering the blind material and hardware.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Looks good....u are a brave dude hunting like that out of a canoe tho...lol. . I make end up copying that somewhat for a buddy's blind.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Also, I have a older version of the same canoe u have a old town guide. I ended up taking the center brace out and it gave me loads more room to load the canoe and it isn't any less stiff.