Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hope its HIM!!

joejoe8

Thanks everybody, he is one of the bigger/older bucks I've ever hunted in Nc. We have about 5 bucks on camera that I would gladly put a tag on.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Hell of a deer man! We drove past some great looking beans fields at day break coming to Ocean Isle and was shocked I didn't see a single deer. Finally saw 2 standing in the water disposal area near where we are staying last night.

joejoe8

Hope the weather holds for ya'll. Thats a nice area, not sure about the hunting. I live an hunt in NE corner of the state. We are headed to Hatteras for a long weekend to fish with my brother.
Hell of a deer man! We drove past some great looking beans fields at day break coming to Ocean Isle and was shocked I didn't see a single deer. Finally saw 2 standing in the water disposal area near where we are staying last night.

joejoe8

Finally found him again on another farm. We have about 2400acers an he has been on all of it in the past 3 years.
IMAG1793.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Doesn't look like the same buck your buddy sent you a pic of on velvet you posted on the first page half way down IMO. Still a great looking 8 though.

Good luck with him regardless!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I agree with Ric. That first deer is bigger. He has more mass, tighter and higher rack, and the G3 on his left side is much longer than the G2. Both are damn fine deer for your area. So good news, you have two slungers to chase!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The frames are different. Even though this last buck is a nice deer the frame and size of the other buck is much bigger and unique. The beams go up at a neat angle and the beam tips curl clear back in to within 4" of touching each other. That buck is a STUD!

joejoe8

Hope you guys are right but I've looked at it 100 different ways. I think the first pic makes him look bigger. The right g1 has a littler curve in it on both bucks.trashpile 9.jpgresized.jpgtrashpile 2014.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hope you guys are right but I've looked at it 100 different ways. I think the first pic makes him look bigger. The right g1 has a littler curve in it on both bucks.View attachment 23932View attachment 23933View attachment 23934

I see what you mean! I just wish I could see what his left side look like in these latest pics to see if he has a g4. Whether its his head positioning,my old age or me being stubborn the angles to which the first pic shows how angled up his beams are I'm hoping for you it's two different deer.....if I saw a pic showing him being a 4x5 in this last sequence it'd sway me more thinking its the same deer.
The left brow having the same little squiggle helps your argument no doubt about that!