Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hope they are still around this season

Fletch

Supporting Member
I wish they would only allow one buck per season like Ohio does. As long as you pay $28 for the permit and another $28 for the buck tag, you can legally take a buck during the fall bow season, extended bow season, winter bow season, muzzle loader season, and two bucks during the six day gun season.....AND if you only kill one buck during the six day gun season, they allow you to buy another buck tag for $28 to use during the doe days. It’s all about the money.

Yup... All about the money... Fish and Game SUCKS BIG TIME... I would be happy with 2 bucks... And this unlimited does has to stop... Do you know how many does you can actually harvest??? You need your PC to figure it out... And some people shoot double digits every year, then bitch the following year when they don't see a deer... Fing Idiots... Should have one license with maybe 2 or 3 tags attached to it... When you use them up.... YOUR ARE DONE FOR THE YEAR... Back in the 60's and 70's North Jersey was the place to go to deer hunt... Lot's of deer and state land... Well they wiped them out... Mark my words its gonna happen in South Jersey... Only thing that may stop it is a lot of property is private.... Good Old Day's??? THEY ARE GONE....

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Yup... All about the money... Fish and Game SUCKS BIG TIME... I would be happy with 2 bucks... And this unlimited does has to stop... Do you know how many does you can actually harvest??? You need your PC to figure it out... And some people shoot double digits every year, then bitch the following year when they don't see a deer... Fing Idiots... Should have one license with maybe 2 or 3 tags attached to it... When you use them up.... YOUR ARE DONE FOR THE YEAR... Back in the 60's and 70's North Jersey was the place to go to deer hunt... Lot's of deer and state land... Well they wiped them out... Mark my words its gonna happen in South Jersey... Only thing that may stop it is a lot of property is private.... Good Old Day's??? THEY ARE GONE....
In the zone that I live in (25) you can shoot two does at the same time, then check them in via your cell phone, then shoot two more....you can do this ALL DAY LONG.....unlimited antlerless deer. The gun clubs pound the state woods and kill way too many deer. I bow hunt zone 65 because they only have a three day doe season and you are only allowed one, then you’re done. I do allow a buddy of mine to harvest a couple of does on my property behind my house though, we counted 47 does and three bucks at the feeder last winter, they came in single file from the bedding area on their way to the farmers field on the other side of my property, so they do need to be thinned out in some places.

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
I remember years ago... MANY YEARS AGO.... When doe day was just that.... 1 day.... Wed. after buck season ended.... And it was a lottery deal, where you may not draw a tag... We also used to apply for tags and BURN THEM.... Therefore maybe saving a couple deer.... Not that way today... KILL,KILL,KILL...

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Fletch

Supporting Member
Wow. That sounds horrible 😕
It is.... Where I live, in the 80's I would go out with the bow and on some day's pass as many as 10 bucks, looking for a decent one.. Today I could go sit in that woods for a week and not see a deer... Its a shame what the state has done to the deer herd... But on the other hand, you gotta blame the hunters too.. After all they are the ones pulling the trigger... They will do the same with the bear population... Started out with a one week season in Dec... Now they also have started an earlier season which is in Oct. and have increased the bag limit to 2 bears.... TOTAL MIS-MANAGEMENT...