Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hot water tank

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I used to regularly about four times a year minimum until I installed a water filtration system about four years ago in our 65 year old wellhouse, which filters the main water supply to the entire place coming from the county. I did it far more often when we had well water and it varied by how much minerals were within the water from the ground.

I currently have two 40gal electric water heaters and now I only flush them about twice a year, even with the county's supplied water, which is NOT nearly as clean as I hoped for.

Everything you see below is what I installed in our wellhouse about three or four years ago, including sub electric panel, new steel door and electric water heater, and I do change both water filters about three to four times a year, depending on when I start to smell the chlorine in the water while in the house.
20211211_102003.jpg

Smawgunner2

Athens County
Nope. Last one lasted almost 40 years. It was leaking and when I went to put the hose on it, the spigot broke off in my hand…,rusted through and through. Good thing I didn’t have a finished basement.

Reactions: bowhunter1023

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I was led to believe if you have hard water like well water or hard county water you should flush tank 3-4 times a year. If you have a softener it wouldn’t hurt to flush once a year.

Reactions: Wildlife