Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

House building

Bowkills

Nw oh
Going slow but great, got the treated I needed, hvac rough passed, plumbing rough passed, electrical rough inspection tomorrow, then framing Friday, insulation next week, then it is full speed ahead on t&g
Quick question for you.....you were the general contractor on your house, things will very state to state but after ur building permits were issued, soil tested and county notified was anything else need to start digging?

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Quick question for you.....you were the general contractor on your house, things will very state to state but after ur building permits were issued, soil tested and county notified was anything else need to start digging?

I had to pay $25 for a lien agent and post it with the permit in the box.

Because I am in the critical watershed, I had to get an erosion control permit and install the measures.

Clay Showalter

Guilford County
Here are some pictures, of stuff. The deck framing
E27CE709-8D04-42C4-8784-797A6B444CD7.jpeg
0BE4611C-4916-43EF-B56F-D67ED3946F14.jpeg

Clay Showalter

Guilford County
Passed my electrical rough in today, now all the trades are passed and calling for framing inspection tomorrow.

I went through and listed the electrical that we installed, all I can say is wow!!

82 light fixtures
88 Electrical outlets
30 Switch boxes (47 switches)

200 boxes total

40 space subpanel
320 amp meter base
200 amp disconnect with 8 spaces
200 amp disconnect with 2 spaces

Bowkills

Nw oh
Clay, was thinking of you as the lumber for our traditional stick built home hit the site today. Luckily we are price locked with Schumacher.

View attachment 109549

Got a buddy who's building with the Amish and he was notified of an $8K lumber cost increase a few weeks ago due to supply n demand. How are things with the cabin after 1.5 months of looking for treated?
Are u going to do a build along thread this one was pretty cool for everyone to follow....

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Are u going to do a build along thread this one was pretty cool for everyone to follow....

Hard no. This is our dream and the world doesn't get to see every nook n cranny of my castle. Only those invited inside shall know entrances, access points, defense, and offensive positions based on layout, materials and other sorts 😁

A log cabin is much different than the traditional stick build, I love this thread!