Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL How did I do

Schu72

Streetsboro
My neighbor had a garage sale this morining. I picked up this scanoe with two oars, one life vest, an anchor, a canoe/kayak dolly, and a 4 HP johnson outboard for $250. How did I do?

epe

Lancaster
Did good. The scanoes are 3-350 new.4hp, they go anywhere from $200 and up. What year? The dollies go for $50+If you want to sell the scanoe, let me know, I have been looking for one.

sent from my HTC evo

Huckleberry Finn

I picked up this scanoe

I was going to make fun of you for this and say "friggin priceless" until I saw that epe called it that too, and so does the label. Crap. Who knew there was a scanoe? Now someone tell me the difference between that and a canoe!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I was going to make fun of you for this and say "friggin priceless" until I saw that epe called it that too, and so does the label. Crap. Who knew there was a scanoe? Now someone tell me the difference between that and a canoe!

Flat Stern Skiff/Canoe=Scanoe

Schu72

Streetsboro
I'll post an update on how the motor runs. Might try to get it out this coming weekend. I haven't messed with boats much. Not sure about the registration process and all.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Schu, Kayaks and canoes do not need a title and your motor will not need to be titled either since it is under 10HP. You will just need to take a bill of sale and/or the previous owners registration to a location that does boat registrations.

Some pretty good info here: http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/tabid/2774/default.aspx

Be sure to check the sticker, if it hasn't expired you will not have to register until it expires.

Schu72

Streetsboro
The scanoe was registered in New Jersey, so I was guessing I would need to restister it here. The seller gave me a title?? I really didn't know what I was doing, but it seemed like too good of a deal to pass up. I'll do a little more reading and see where I stand. Thanks for the link.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I bet New Jersey has different laws on titling/registering. I would just give the BMV a ring and let them know the situation, they will point you in the right direction. I would say the registration place would just need the sticker numbers and the title to convert it over to an Ohio registration. Doesn't sound like you will have to worry about a title.