Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How Smart is Your Wife?

Buckmaster

Portage
Obviously smart enough to marry an amazing me. :smiley_bril:

My wife graduated high school, third in her class. She got all A's and only one B.
She then received a Academic Scholorship for 3 years to Walsh University and graduated Cum Laude. Keep in mind she held 3 part time jobs during high school and college to help support herself and her family (her mom had brain cancer, lost her insurance, which drained the family finances).
She met me her senior year of college while finishing her education studies at Walsh.
She got a second grade teaching job at Cleveland City Schools for her first job and began taking Master's classes for reading specialization at Kent State. She completed her Master's program via night classes in 2 years with straight A's. She now teaches 5th grade at another City school here in NE Ohio. She at a Master's plus ten credits status. We have 2 kids, 5 and 2. When the kids get a little bigger she wants to pursue her PhD in Education and teach at the college level at one of the colleges here in NE Ohio.

I'm supportive of her efforts and look forward to the day we don't have to worry about money and expenses. Perhaps I can afford some out of state hunting trips in the near future.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
She graduated with honors from the top nursing school in Ohio. She's smart, but she's a much harder worker than most. That made the difference in college as she was a mediocre high school student. If I worked half as hard as her in school, I'd have maintained by 4.0 through college. If you tell her she can't do something, she'll prove you wrong and bust her ass in the process.

rrr

Not a wife, but I'll chime in on this one too.... kinda a shit outta luck sore topic!

The girl I dated this spring graduated from here in 3 years with a 3.98 and is attending the #9 law school in the nation right now after getting a 171 on her LSAT.

We're still friends, who knows :) Damn that is one smart cookie though, and a hard worker.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
My old lady was smart as hell.. Way too smart for the likes of me. Finished her 4 year degree in Cogitative Engineering Psychology at Wright State in only 3 years and graduated with a 4.0 GPA. Never made a B..

She is currently on a full ride at Purdue University studying for he masters In Biomedical Informatics while also working as a research assistant for a professor at the university. She scored in the 89 percentile on her Graduate Records Exam [GRE] of all students at Purdue.

She was interested in Database engineering and asked what would be a good database program to study. I told her Oracle was the top in that department in the IT Field.. Knowing nothing much about IT she studied and took a required one month class with Oracle. She passed all 3 of her Oracle certification exams only missing 2 questions on the last test. BTW these are tests that actual Oracle Database people that have worked in the field for years have trouble passing.

Way to smart a woman for me...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Mine is pretty smart. Book smart and hard working. She was in sales for 10 years before heading back to school to become an RN. If she wasn't afraid to work, she would have never made it 10 years in sales. Great with people too. Apparently has a soft spot in her heart for the special needs kids. She did marry me after all.

She graduated with some pretty decent marks in the RN program. I should probably remember what they are since she just graduated in June. I was too busy working to pay attention. Don't remember her GPA either. I only cared if she was moving onto the next quarter at the end of every quarter. Last three years have been tough on the relationship, the family, and the finances. She was doing what she had to do, and I was doing what I had to do. She is going to be a great nurse. Loves the field, loves helping the people, actually cares about the patients, and has good people skills. I am proud of her.

Last edited:

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
She was interested in Database engineering and asked what would be a good database program to study. I told her Oracle was the top in that department in the IT Field.. Knowing nothing much about IT she studied and took a required one month class with Oracle. She passed all 3 of her Oracle certification exams only missing 2 questions on the last test. BTW these are tests that actual Oracle Database people that have worked in the field for years have trouble passing.

Very impressive... those Oracle exams are a bitch!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I have always thought my wife was a pretty smart chick. She got A's and B's through college and has her biology degree. She didnt go any further with it and is now working as a health inspector for Stark County.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My ol' lady's pretty smart. She holds the same degree as I do... Bachelors of Science, Environmental Biology. I think it helped her having me to study with through school though LOL. She's smart, but lacks common sense sometimes, which is usually just a female thing.

This is not directed toward you or your wife, Buckmaster, as it sounds like she truly is intelligent... but from what I've seen the teaching degrees are some of the easiest degrees out there to obtain. One of my wife's best friends, who is a total genius, is a teacher and even she will admit that most education degrees are a cakewalk. While I was busting my ass in cell and molecular biology, and physics, and chem, and evolution, and animal behavior... she was making story books and coloring books and learning how to create lesson plans. My wife's cousin is also a teacher... 2nd grade... and she could be one of the dumbest people I know. She misspells words constantly... not hard words, either. Here's an example... on a thank you card from her wedding, she wrote "It reelly ment a lot to us." Are you fuggin kidding me??!!?? You're teaching 2nd grade... a grade where kids traditionally learn a lot of spelling... and you can't even spell? By the way, she has a Masters Degree, too... somehow.

Last edited:

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
She has a Para-Legal degree and Business Degree. She works as a Para-Legal for a firm in Pittsburgh, but thankfully, her office is local. She's a helluva mother and strong woman. Thank God she has a sense of humor to put up with me. (And great titties)