Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How'd you meet your wife?

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I was on the same mission Phil. I had just got out of my second shitty relationship in a row and was totally playing the field. Tracie had dated her ex for 3 years and is the only other person she has ever dated other than me. That is sore spot with us! I have quite the history and I'm her only one! Never good to bring that one up!!!

Stump

Ass Regulator
I met my wife on a raft floatin down the Ohio river from Pittsburg...we were both movin to the Ohio territory to carve out a life on the fontier....after savin her from the injuns...she fell for me an we've lived happily ever after.....here's the prickture from our wedding

Attachments

• southernwedding.jpg
    southernwedding.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 109

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I met my wife through a mutual friend. My best friend at the time was dating her friend and they decided that they should hook us up. I thought I was the cool guy and we were both talking baotu relationships and how she just got out of a bad one and I was bragging about how independant I was an no chick was goingto hold me adown blah, blah, blah...I obviously had no game at the time..

So she thought I was a complete D-bag (Which I was) and I thought she was OK looking. It was dark and I really didnt get a good look at her. So the next time I see her is at this party. Me and a couple other guys are playing pool and she walked in the door and I totally missed the cue. My mouth hit the table She was smoooooookin hott. Im talking long brown hair , curled atthe ends, tight shirt, tight pants. I instantly said, any of you guys go after that chick tonight we will be throwin down. I went right up to her and I didnt even know who she was until she asked if remembered her...

We immediantly hit it off and we havent stoppeed since. That was 1997. She still makes my jaw drop like she did that night. She is my best friend and I love her dearly. I wouldnt trade the bad tiems, the break ups, anything for all the money in the world.

She means everything to me. We have two beautiful children together. I thank her all the time for taking me out of a lifestyle that would have gotten me nowhere in life. We have been through just baout everything a couple can go through and we are still going strong today.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Met my wife Alyssa in college...well actually in line at Subway in college.

Her friends used to party with my buddies and I. I knew of her (would stare at her ass walking across campus) but had never met her. One night during summer between junior and senior year her friend is over partying at my house. I drunk dial Alyssa and leave a nice message. She was out with her boyfriend of 4 years at the time of the call. She never returned the phone call and she never came over to party with her friends and my buddies and I...must have been a good message!

About 2 months later I stopped at subway on the way home from my landscaping job that I had during school. Turns out she walks up behind me in line. Never being one who was shy to talk to girls I started in with aren't you so in so and so in so and so in so's friend...Alyssa was real touchy-feely and flirtatious touching my arm chatting it up. So I got my sub, said something stupid and walked away.

I later called a female friend who lived with Alyssa's best friend. Got the best friends number and called her to get Alyssa's number. Called Alyssa and talked briefly and asked her to hang out that weekend. She had a sorority thing at some cabins or something so she said she couldn't. We talked on her drive out there and a few hours later my phone rings....she was on her way over. She told her sorority sisters she wasn't feeling well and left. She showed up late night, we hung out, watched a couple movies and she left about 5AM....

The next day when her one housemate who was president of the sorority got home, Alyssa had to explain why her car was the last one in the driveway when her other housemates closed the bars down seeing as she left the sorority event sick.:smiley_bril:

9 months later we graduated and moved in together. About 16 months later I proposed and we married in August of 2005. We have a 6 month old son now and have been together 8 years.

deerjunkie

Canton, Ohio
Well, we met in fourth grade and were boy friend/girl friend. That lasted a brief time and we soon split way once we got up into high school as she was the preppy cheerleading captain and I was a long hair mullet wearing no good who went to a votech school. Right after school I left for the military and after boot camp I came home for a couple weeks. We ran into each other and she saw a whole new me. We went out a couple times but nothing much came from it as I was leaving and she was heading off to college. So 7 yrs go by and after I got out of the military I started going to church where my parents were going. She was going there also and we started hanging out together with these other people. She actually tried hooking me up with some of her friends. One night the phone rings and it's her and I said "do you need something or did you just call to talk?" She said "I just called to talk"...so from that moment we have been together. That was back in 1999 but we have known each other for almost 27yrs. We have certainly been through a lot but to this day she is still my best friend!

rrr

Yes, I'm reading. Like I said in a another thread, with grad school on the way, I'm not looking too hard, but you never know when it's going to happen. I've got plenty of time.

Stump

Ass Regulator
Dang you guys are a bunch a mushy goofs....this is like teen talk magazine :smiley_blablabla:....was thinkin somebody out there tell us bout pickin up some daisy duke wearin chick at the truck pull and throwin her arse in the back of your pickup truck ridin off to the sunset :smiley_bril:

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I was a junior in high school and a girl sitting next to me in a class was dating some dude from a rival school. She was looking at his yearbook and I asked to check it out. I found a picture of a girl that was just an absolute fox. I asked the girl next to me to get her boyfriend to get me this sexy ass girl's phone number.
The next day I get the number, and the rest is history. We dated since 1991, got married in 1996, and have 3 children.

We do everything, except hunt, together. I can't ask for more. I drink beer, she drinks wine. I listen to good ol' hard rock and southern style country. So does she. I'm horny. She's horny. It's a perfect match!:smiley_crush:

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Dang you guys are a bunch a mushy goofs....this is like teen talk magazine :smiley_blablabla:....was thinkin somebody out there tell us bout pickin up some daisy duke wearin chick at the truck pull and throwin her arse in the back of your pickup truck ridin off to the sunset :smiley_bril:

I liked you a lot better when you were still trying to figure out how to post pics. :(

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
My wife and I are high school sweethearts. It wasn't always that way though. We both arrived at the same high school are freshman year. Nothing really went on that year other than the fact that I thought I knew what kind of person she was (when in all actuality I had no clue).

I think back to our real first encounter at school and it was not a good one. We had the same lunch period together but never talked or even sat at the same table. It was the time of year when all the year books where going around and everyone was writing there little things inside the front and back covers of the books. My buddies and I where sitting at the table and one of them was signing a year book. I asked him whose year book it was and he said it was hers. I told him to let me see it when he was done. So he handed it over, I found the page with her picture on it and right beside her name wrote in capital letters. "BITCH" I am surprised that this incident did not seal my fate of ever even having kind words with her let alone getting to know and date her. Fast forward a year. We ended up having social studies together and I ended up sitting right behind her. Through a bunch of flirting and tickling we ended up starting to date and the rest is history.

We married Feb 22nd 1996. We are coming up on 14 years of sharing each others happiness and sorrows. Two great kids and we sure have had some great times, some not so great times, and some times when we didn't know what was going to happen. Through all my experience I have learned that when things start getting tough, even if it is between us. She is who I draw close to not try to get distance from. We have been through way to much to throw it all away and start all over again.

Both of us agree that we don't know how we would make it with out each other.