Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting Canoe Recommendation

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Mines pretty stable. Best thing to do is keep your eyes on Facebook ads and Craigslist and look for a used one. My canoe, brand new, sells for $850-900. I found it used, with four paddles, life jackets, backrest seats, battery and trolling motor... For just $500.

Wmiller07

Mines pretty stable. Best thing to do is keep your eyes on Facebook ads and Craigslist and look for a used one. My canoe, brand new, sells for $850-900. I found it used, with four paddles, life jackets, backrest seats, battery and trolling motor... For just $500.
Yah I've been looking some. I saw one sportspal but it was pretty beat up. I'm hoping I'll see more since there is a dealer in elyria. After that all I have to do is convince the wife we need it lol.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It must be and yah that would be a little long for one. I'm thinking max 14 feet but they make a 12 footer too.

You're on the right track. Mine is 15' and I definitely wouldn't want one any bigger.

Check out the Carstens punt boats. Very stable and lightweight. A Pintail or Mallard model would be great for an all purpose hunting rig.

Wmiller07

You're on the right track. Mine is 15' and I definitely wouldn't want one any bigger.

Check out the Carstens punt boats. Very stable and lightweight. A Pintail or Mallard model would be great for an all purpose hunting rig.

Yes those are really nice. If I see a used one I'll definitely be interested.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville

Hell of a deal

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
You can do a lot with a 12 foot flat bottom boat with paddles or a nice trolling motor. Nice and stable and you could store it about anywhere you could a canoe.

Wmiller07

You can do a lot with a 12 foot flat bottom boat with paddles or a nice trolling motor. Nice and stable and you could store it about anywhere you could a canoe.

All the ones I've seen don't hold that much weight. I'm 275 and one I have waders and my other gear that would put me over 300, plus 80 lb dog, plus decoys it would be over most of their weight capacity. Plus if I want to take the kids fishing I don't think it would hold us.