Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I am lusting after...

FredT

SE Ohio
I have been looking at the FNP-45. Anybody own one, had owned one or shot one? I like all of the features and the 3 mags it comes with.

Waste of time or get one now?:pickle:

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
No offense Ted but being into guns myself, and I like them, ALOT!! But i reserve my lust for things that smell good, are pretty, and have a nice back end.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Fred, never touched or seen one, just googled it.

I say get one...but if you do, put a suppressor and a reddot on it. and a laser. Otherwise it'll be incomplete.

Do it. You know you want to....:smiley_devil::smiley_devil:

:smiley_angelmusic:

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I was a shop Wednesday that had them and the five-sevens. Spent more time looking at the 5.7, couldn't believe how light it was, it's 1/2 the weight of the 45.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I have been looking at the FNP-45. Anybody own one, had owned one or shot one? I like all of the features and the 3 mags it comes with.

Waste of time or get one now?:pickle:

He's gonna get it, or he wouldn't have posted the dancing pickle.

He's gonna get it. :smiley_clap:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I have shot one and I liked it alot. The reason I haven't bought one is because it doesn't fill a role for me. For a carry gun I prefer no active safeties. For a range gun I prefer all metal. I am not at the point of buying to buy...YET! I justify the purchase with a purpose other than just fun. Well, discounting my Saiga 12 ;)

This is a good idea for a thread...Hmm which gun am I lusting after now...hmmm... I am currently saving up for a Springer Loaded Stainless 9mm as a new range/target/comp gun. I will be getting a Kahr CM9 when they are available. It is the bastard child of a PM9 and a CW9. Gotta add the Keltec shotgun (Zombie protection). 15 rounds of buck for the brain eating punks :)

Beentown

I Like FNP 40 the only difference between it and the 45 is the 40 doesnt have a safely. If the 45 is as accurite as my 40 you will be very pleased. On top of 28 oz is extemely light for a 4 inch slide pistol. I paid $495 with the three mags it is truely a great value.

Last edited:

FredT

SE Ohio
I do have lots of handloaded ammo and I am making more up AND I just got another 15 round mag for it off of GB.

Just let me know when you are coming over and I will have the coffee ready. Maybe I can get MrsT to bake something really good and really fattening.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I do have lots of handloaded ammo and I am making more up AND I just got another 15 round mag for it off of GB.

Just let me know when you are coming over and I will have the coffee ready. Maybe I can get MrsT to bake something really good and really fattening.

So Fred, I think an acceptable break-in period has elapsed - what's the report on this piece?
Is it everything you hoped it would be?