Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I dont know if you know

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Thanks, no giant but an older buck we have been trying to kill for 3-4 years. He was bigger then and a 8pt. He’s a 7 pt this year and has dropped in size. We’ve been in a severe drought since early summer so that might be why. Dj had him at 100 yards Friday night but couldn’t study him in time to know who he was. We’ve only been able to get maybe 10 pics a year of him. He was bumping does hard Friday evening.

This morning Dj had two little bucks and I caught 6 does crossing at 225, 20 seconds later he crossed. Seemed heavy and wide but no tine length. A little later the does popped out at HB’s stand and he was on 3 does. Got another look at him and figured it was the buck we called “the wide 8”. 3 does went back as he was bumping hard the other 3 out of my sight. 15 minutes pass and 3 does come trotting across in a hurry. I picked my gun up and was ready. Few seconds later he stepped out, checked to make sure it was the shooter and he started to cross the narrow turnrow. I bleated twice and kicked the stand, he stopped then was almost across when I squeezed one off. He mule kicked and I knew I’d put my hands on him soon. I must say I felt a little down cause I’d rather my boys kill than me. Spilt milk at this point. Waited 12 minutes and got to thinking about saturday evening seeing 7 bears. Made it to about where I thought he was standing, walked up another 5 yards and blood everywhere. Walked in 15 yards and could see him laying at another 25. No Midwest deer but a respectable buck for these parts. 18 1/8 wide and 215#.
IMG_4759.jpeg

Damn NR!