Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I hate Skunks

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I just got a call to go and remove 3 skunks. they have burrowed under this guys kids playhouse and he wants them gone NOW lol.

Off to pay the bills. Have pic later.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I bet this is what is going on under that playset...

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
HAHA be careful! I chased one around on my grandpas ATV when I was younger and it stopped and sprayed... He couldn't part that thing in the garage for a month! :smiley_crocodile:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I have a feeling this is not going to end well lmao.

The guy didn't say how big they are but I bet it is a momma and 2 little ones that is still tagging along. I got 2 traps set and rubbermaid garbage cans with locking lids ready to roll this evening lol. Time to grab the small tarps for spray shields and WAIT lol.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You need a skunk pole and acetone. Look it up. Best no spray skunk dispatch there is.

Buckmaster

Portage
HAHA be careful! I chased one around on my grandpas ATV when I was younger and it stopped and sprayed... He couldn't part that thing in the garage for a month! :smiley_crocodile:

Funny, I ran one over on my ATV on purpose. I didn't get sprayed but my buddy on the back of my ATV did. I still make fun of him about that.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Adam, are you near a pond or have access too a pond???? Cover the trap with your tarp walk it over too the pond and drop it in.... Give it 5 minutes and your problem is over.... Just sayin.....

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Adam, are you near a pond or have access too a pond???? Cover the trap with your tarp walk it over too the pond and drop it in.... Give it 5 minutes and your problem is over.... Just sayin.....

I have access to a pond but unfortunately not on this property. I have a big rubbermaid trash can that I plan on sliding the trap down into. Just add water lol. My porta - pond lmao.

Huckleberry Finn

True story, I was driving home last night and saw an abino groundhog. I thought, this is too cool; gonna turn around and punt that thing and take its picture.

Got back into the truck pretty quick when I saw it was a skunk!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Joe beat me to it. Broomstick with syringe attached and acetone. I think nail polish remover has acetone also? Future reference. Hope things turned out alright. I am thinking live trap and a tarp over it will give them some reduced anxiety and less likely to spray as well. Then lift and dunk into the tote.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
NOTHING !!!! not that I'm complaining lol.

I don't know if the skunks where in the hole the homeowner said or not. Bait is still there and neither of the 2 traps has anything in it. I didn't smell skunk anywhere while I was looking around yesterday so I really don't know. Might have to setup the cam and see what is going on.

From what I have seen in the past skunks around town here usually don't STAY in an area for very long. The last ones I got a call for only stayed a couple days and left never to be seen again. Keep the traps and add the cam tonight and see what happens.