Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I know something you aint gonna believe!!!

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
So yesterday was one hell of a day. Got in the blind about 530. Back to sleep. Had a button come thru at first light, so small that we thought it was a yote. Finally made its way to the corn, gave it a pass. Boy would I be ridiculed for that move. Saw a nice doe run through, then a basket run behind us. Time for lunch. Headed to the VFW in Spencerville for sub sammiches and chili. Back out to the blind at 1230 or so, turned on the laptop to watch some college football. Head on a swivel. About 3:00 a doe stays making her way in but stops, thinks and turns and goes the other way. An hour later that button shows back up. Fuck button bucks, time for him to die. Perfect shot at 20 yards, watched him run 30 yards and pile up. Went out to verify, back to the blind, filled out my tag online, reload and back to football. Well the Georgia Tennessee game wasn't very exciting so in the interest of saving battery life I turned it off around 545 or so. Both me and the guide were chillin, both on our phones not expecting much and then the wind finally died down. A few minutes later he tells me big buck big buck. Well all I see is a doe on the corn, leaned over and saw a nice looking buck coming up the ravine after her. Set my view up on my tripod. I know the tree in front of him is 18 yards and the one behind him is 30. Needed him to move to my right another 5 feet, once he did that, he took one last step, guide stops him, broadside. THWACK. Celebration ensues. "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD. We watched him run about 120 yards and pile up. More celebrating and fumble fuck getting out of the blind. Short fat guy problems. Although we know the general area he is at, we blood trail him anyways. Stuck pig. Blood everywhere. Found the front half of my bolt, 2 feet away I found the back half. Continued to tail and then walked right up on him. More celebrating. Then I called the shortest guy I know to let him know what happened. I had to call the area leader for Kendrick woods and tell him. He said bullshit send me a picture. Yessur. 5 minutes later 2 side by sides showed up to help finish the drag. More celebrating. Took pictures, loaded him up, then loaded the button buck. Did some paperwork then headed back to the VFW to celebrate with some blue cans and start watching the Irish dominate Clemson. Still on cloud 9.

20221105_180458.jpg

20221105_180723.jpg

20221105_180826.jpg

20221105_181320.jpg

189498.jpeg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
A day that you'll never forget, I'm sure. Congrats once again Dustin! I couldn't be any happier for you! Pure awesomeness! Well done all the way around mister! Nice shootin 'TOO'!

Reactions: Dustinb80