Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I know something you don't know....

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Way to go JD! You must be getting bored with all those monsters you harvest every year! When the hell was the last time you did not fill a tag?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
JD computer is acting up and his IT guy can't figure it out..

I'll forward the story as it was told to me..

Saturday evening JD gave me a call to see if I was gonna hunt.. He and I about got blown out of our stands that morning in the 15-30mph NNW winds... After a while of talking i decided i wasn't going to go out. I couldn't think of anywhere on my farm that i could get out of the wind... He said ok and said he was going to drive around his spots until he found one that might be out of the wind.... He found one surrounded on 4 sides by trees that had little to no wind.. With no stand in this spot he packed in his mobile setup. Walking the field edge he noticed a set of nice tracks and a good trail leading up into the woods. Well, good as any.. He set up the stand and 3 LW sticks... It wasn't long and the buck walked out into the field a ways off and started feeding... He looked him over and honestly wasn't going to shoot him. The deer worked closer down the edge of the field and then just went back up into the woods... A bit later he popped back out and started JD's way.. He milled around a bit in front of JD's stand and turned broadside one too many times.. He double lung rib shot him with a Rage 2 blade. The deer took off wheezing and crashed only 50 yards away.

We really didn't get any good pictures today.. Around noon I went up to help him cape out the buck and we were about to the front shoulders when JD said.. Damn.. We didn't get any pictures.. lol.... OOPS... But his buddy did get some pics on his phone last night... I'll have to get the originals.. This one is via text and small.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congratulations seems like an understatement here. lmao

I am just thankful I made the text list since I was working out of town. JD- This is so much better than the nasty shit you send me on text! rotflmao You can send texts like this one anyday, but feel free to keep the 500lb girls to yourself. rotflmao

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congratulations seems like an understatement here. lmao

I am just thankful I made the text list since I was working out of town. JD- This is so much better than the nasty shit you send me on text! rotflmao You can send texts like this one anyday, but feel free to keep the 500lb girls to yourself. rotflmao
rotflmaoYou get that stuff TOO!