Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I Know Sumpthin

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
As proud as I can be to know
20181215_171127.jpeg
20181215_171158.jpeg

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
So this morning my buddy Raymond and I are cruising at first light waiting on Nate, Mike and a couple others to get set up so we can push a section. We see this deer bedded out in cut corn 125 yards off the road in the open. Only one guy with a buck tag in the group, and he wants a big guy. So we do a couple pushes and come back a few hours later to push a section across the road, and this deer just watches the guys set up. At that point we thought he may be injured. Nate wztched him eventually stand and painfully walk to edge of woods and bed again. At that point i got permission from the farmer to go get him. Sothe guys did a push while i went home and got Greyson around. We formulated a plan. Greyson and i would sneak along the edge of the woods and get prone position while Mike and Nate circled around to let their wind drift to him and get him to stand. Everything was going to plan. We were maybe 40 yards and i started setting up our rest for the gun, and he sees us and stumbles into the woods. He barely made it 30 yards and stopped broadside. I helped Grey steady the gun.....Boom....Boom....Boom. 3 misses. The deer stumbles maybe 30-40 more yards and just lays down! So we reload and started sneaking up after him. He noticed us but didn't have the strength to stand. We circled at about 25 yards and Greyson shot him where he layed. What a great moment. Greyson is crying cuz the gun bit him a bit on the cheek, but he's jumping for joy. Im crying and whooping and hollering. Mike, Nate, and the crew came and joined in on the celebration. Grey says "it's the best day of my life".

This deers lower leg was mangled and atrophy set in big time. He has little muscle mass anywhere. A great deer for Greyson to get. In the process of moving the deer, both his antlers fell off. He wouldn't have made it long. Just wanna thank Mike, Nate, and the rest of my crew for being there with us. You guys are the best. Only regret i have is all of us didnt get a pic together with him. Damn, i can't quit smiling!
20181215_181136.jpeg
20181215_181126.jpeg
20181215_181116.jpeg