Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I mean would you look at that. Look at it.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Sorry I havent posted much, been working on getting a home loan on my parents house which Im closing on Thursday. Went yesterday and put a perfect shot on this deer, broad side, arrow cork screwed to his back lung, liver and guts. They were lightly clipped. We took a dog and ran his trail until about 11. We got back at it around 730 this morning and roughly 1200 yards later, 12 30 PM, found him dead in his tracks, no beds and specs of blood the entire way.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
20201214_120823.jpg
20201214_120641.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sorry I havent posted much, been working on getting a home loan on my parents house which Im closing on Thursday. Went yesterday and put a perfect shot on this deer, broad side, arrow cork screwed to his back lung, liver and guts. They were lightly clipped. We took a dog and ran his trail until about 11. We got back at it around 730 this morning and roughly 1200 yards later, 12 30 PM, found him dead in his tracks, no beds and specs of blood the entire way.

Awww now. You can't leave out that it was a rage 2 blade. Perfect broadside shot, one blade opened deflecting the arrow back clipping the back of 1 lung and into the liver and guts.

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
And no B.S this deer went 1200 yards, muscle hit deer usually shake it off and just walk off like normal from my experience, this deer zig zagged up hill, and down, multiple times. Crossed his own trail 3 times and kept going. The trail looked like he was frantic trying to find a place of security to lay down. We lost his track several times. But just when we were about to give in, we went off the well beaten trail and found him going in awkward ways, again, zig zagging. Spec here and there from the woods, to grass, to high grass back to a thicker ditch and there he layed!

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
I was genuinely thinking the dog would follow blood, which he has 4 times this year on previous tracks. The handler is a personal friend of mine, and the dogs still a greenhorn, but he got a strong whiff and drug him damn near where that deer went, and that deer stunk.

Reactions: giles