Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I sure miss all of you

Lundy

Maybe not that much:)

My sunrise this morning at my new home in Florida
Sunrise June 16 2022.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congratulations on your new digs Kim. Hope to see ya around here on TOO more often now that you’re done relocating.🤟🏻

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Maybe not that much:)

My sunrise this morning at my new home in FloridaView attachment 154423

Some of the best sunrises and sunsets I've ever seen have been over the northern Gulf of Mexico. Sometimes we even get what I call a 360 degree sunset. Where for a fee minutes the entire sky all around is blue pink and yellow.

I actually saw an eastern sunset the other night. I was standing there looking west but the entire sunset was behind me in the east. It lasted about 5 minutes and it gradually faded in the east and moved west to where it belonged.

With the water being flat there is a period where the sun can shine directly under the clouds but above the horizon and make for some massive sunsets as the light skills across the bottom of the clouds.

Reactions: triple_duece

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
30 minutes or so depending on the awful traffic this time of year south of the bay

😂. That's why I moved 2.5 hours west where the water isn't as clear. The heck with all those tourists and political refugees. I will say though I thoroughly enjoy Niceville. Smaller hometown feel compared to Destin.

Reactions: finelyshedded

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I live across the bay from Destin in Freeport, I have no desire to go into Destin 9 months out of the year.

You've got a pretty good run to hit the gulf by boat. What is it about 20-25 miles before you pass the jetty?