Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I wanna learn to drive like this!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I agree about a low sound. The RX sounded like a Stihl on steriods. The Mustang was a nice mix of alto and tenor. The 3 inch catbacks sounded nice with the high pitch whistle of the turbo.

For those of you who have played Grand Turismo and heard the turbos whine and chuck...they really do that on the big ones.

Beentown

I traded my Z for a 2002 Harley f-150 with the 5.4L V8 Supercharged at 9 pounds.. True cat back custom dual pipes through Borla muffs. Fucker would SCEEEEEEEEMMMMM... Oh how i miss the whine of that supercharger... Fucker would pass everything but a gas station though.. 10 mpg premium only, and that's if you babied it.

I remembered when I bought it.. I wanted something bigger than the Z28 because the back "seats" in that sucker were just for insurance. But i didn't want to give up my power.. I went and talked with my dealer buddy and he found me that truck and had it brought over. Pfffft whatever i said.. Shit boy. that fucker screams.. Don't believe me lets line em up.. So we pulled out of the dealership in Elisabeth town Ky and hit the back roads.. Found a good straight away and lined em up... The Z jumped it off the line by a 1/4 length. The truck caught it in the first 100 and then held mirrors to about 110.. Then the truck was just a flying brick and the Z pulled away... That truck held mirrors with a Z28 that had Ram air, Borla cat back, LS6 Vette engine... Baby would smoke them ricers too... I put elec cutouts on it and boy was she loud when i opened them.. Open them sucker at a light and tap the throttle.. Made women cross their legs it was so loud they would almost piss themselves.. HAHAHAH LOL.. That z though was the car i have gone the fastest in my life in.. 156 Wide open and still had maybe 400 before the rev limiter in top gear.. Mght could have broke 160. I didn't run out of gear, i ran out of balls. LOL

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
When the need for speed comes about, 2 wheels is where it is at for me. I won't say I have ridden them all, but have ridden enough that I can vouch for HP to weight ratio of the crotch rockets being unbelievable. I should not be alive. I wasn't even that crazy compared to many guys that ride (or rode) them. Last "go fast bike" i was on was a Honda 1000RR. I didn't get stupid as it was my wife's brother's bike, but man was it fun. Currently I combine a classic speed demon with a touch of class and mystique. I have a 1974 Norton Commando 850 Roadster on my insurance policy now. Used to be the bike to have, now it is just a head turning classic that I enjoy!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
When the need for speed comes about, 2 wheels is where it is at for me. I won't say I have ridden them all, but have ridden enough that I can vouch for HP to weight ratio of the crotch rockets being unbelievable. I should not be alive. I wasn't even that crazy compared to many guys that ride (or rode) them. Last "go fast bike" i was on was a Honda 1000RR. I didn't get stupid as it was my wife's brother's bike, but man was it fun. Currently I combine a classic speed demon with a touch of class and mystique. I have a 1974 Norton Commando 850 Roadster on my insurance policy now. Used to be the bike to have, now it is just a head turning classic that I enjoy!

Pics of the bike? Not familiar with it.

Beentown

I drive like that on my way to work...on the days that I'm running late. Only difference is...my Civic is about 1/8 the speed of anything that Ken Block drives. :smiley_bril: Just wish I had the horsepower to make it more fun.

When did Ken Block switch to a Ford? I've always seen him driving a Subaru. :smiley_chinrub:

Here's my ride...built it myself, in 1985. It was outrageous fast, cornered like it was on rails, jumped RxR tracks and rode as smooth as any mid-sized luxury car. It had a 2180cc engine, '68 bus tranny, kingpin front end, weighed 1250 lbs. and had 165 h.p.
I miss it more than I can say! :smiley_depressive:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
1974 Norton Commando. I have done a bit more polishing on it since this picture, but you get the idea. This is when I first brought it home. All I had done is wipe the dust off it. It is a classic British twin.

Attachments

• DSCN166200010001.JPG
    DSCN166200010001.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 89

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Nortons are sweet. I love the old school bikes.....
Real speed came from my 2002 Suzuki GSXR 750.....Fastest I ever went in that one is 172. Made it from Independance to bleden Village in 15 min. There was about of us. all 1000's except for my 750. That was the funnest most stupid time I had on my bike....

Then I totalled it doing a 80 mph wheelie....Foot slipped off the back brake and down I went....

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
In my younger days, I raced Auto Cross (car) in class C pre-paired...
No one had front wheel drive then... just good ol mussel car horse power. That made me miss something else from days gone by.
My kids still roll their eyes when ever I reach for the old photo album but humor the old man...
Cool clip!
Sucks to get old.