Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

DEAL If you’re in need of tires

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Check out Amazon. They sell the tires, ship them too a local tire shop for installation. The appointment can also be made at the time of purchase. I just bought 4 tires for the tundra, paid and setup the appointment for installation. Pull in, change the tires, leave. All paid for in advance. Saved over $70 per tire. Local shops were anywhere from $225 and up. Costco had them for $213. These are the stock tires that came on the truck when bought new and were really well with good performance and want too stay with them.

371A2704-C1E3-487C-ABB8-03FCBE957433.jpeg

Jamie

Ohio
I almost did that last year, but I bought these last October for my Tundra instead. talked it over with my auto tech, who's been working on all my vehicles since I moved out here in 2000, before I ordered. I was a bit skeptical, but he pretty much told me new tires are new tires and it was a great deal. no trouble with them, just had them rotated a month ago. had them shipped for free to his shop.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282818906856

Reactions: Sgt Fury

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I almost did that last year, but I bought these last October for my Tundra instead. talked it over with my auto tech, who's been working on all my vehicles since I moved out here in 2000, before I ordered. I was a bit skeptical, but he pretty much told me new tires are new tires and it was a great deal. no trouble with them, just had them rotated a month ago. had them shipped for free to his shop.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282818906856
Damn, that’s a great price!!! What’d he charge for the installation?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
That’s the other thing, finding a reliable mechanic that’s close by, so far no one I’ve talked too has come too an opinion who’s fair and reliable. 😂

Jamie

Ohio
Cost me $25 per corner to mount, balance, dispose of old tires. The whole thing cost me $650 dollars. Best deal I’ve ever gotten on tires. My repair shop is on my road out in the country, one mile away. It is a wonderful convenience to have a legit full service shop so close. And he is an ace mechanic. Takes good care of me and I trust him. Priceless, imo.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Cost me $25 per corner to mount, balance, dispose of old tires. The whole thing cost me $650 dollars. Best deal I’ve ever gotten on tires. My repair shop is on my road out in the country, one mile away. It is a wonderful convenience to have a legit full service shop so close. And he is an ace mechanic. Takes good care of me and I trust him. Priceless, imo.
Yeah, had that back on Ohio as well. Unfortunately in the last year he’s had both hips replaced and not up too his usual business. He’s not doing any heavy stuff. Just brakes and light stuff. After doing a service on the tundra he went and bought himself one. He was always a ford guy.
Glad you have that close by, it sure is a nice convenience too have.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well had the tires put on yesterday, dropped it off and picked it up a couple hours later. Smooth easy transaction. I wouldn’t hesitate too donut again... In let’s say 70K miles.... The shop I dealt with has only been doing it a couple months and they’re liking what they’re seeing so far as well...

Reactions: giles and 5Cent

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Good stuff J. I have only bought one set of tires off online, tire rack. It was the last set I put on my Duramax and I was happy with how it all shook out.

Great prices on those LTXs! Curious if you checked date codes on them.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Good stuff J. I have only bought one set of tires off online, tire rack. It was the last set I put on my Duramax and I was happy with how it all shook out.

Great prices on those LTXs! Curious if you checked date codes on them.
2@47/19
2@/50/19

Reactions: 5Cent