Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

IKS about another public land buck!

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well fugg me! Got down found my arrow full of blood. Smelled it and yup, just as I expected gut. Walked on trail where she was standing and had a pile of blood. More blood as she walked out of sight another ten yards then nothing. I seen the buck trotting that was following the doe. I guess he pushed her. I’m still pissed at myself.

Reactions: Big_Holla

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Let’s wrap it up with a fat nanny

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Rifle hunted today bucks only on same public ground. Either I blew my area out or big bucks are locked down. Had two doe come in w a 2 yr old 9pt in tow. A spike followed shorty after. Hunted till noon and back up at 2pm with nothing seen this evening. Gonna hit it again in the morning.

Didn’t have issues w the orange army but seen someone’s light in a tree across the gorge and over the next ridge. Ain’t had a deer come from that direction all week so all good. Looking for a big buck but will take a 3 yr old if one shows.

Kinda ready to go home. This back to back hunting days on public can be a grind w 30 minute drive to and from. I’m not complaining but my season is through January and my rut coming at Christmas thru early January. Don’t want to burn out before that.

My son has been at my camp for 17 days straight and has taken his best buck, a doe this morning and 3 hogs with his bow. So that’s seven animals already and we just beginning.

Reactions: MoonLab and giles

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Day 2 rifle season. Walked out the motel to find light rain falling. Nothing in the forecast called for ran. Got in stand around six and rained until 8 am. Cause a glimpse of a 1 yr old buck w a basket rack. Gonna ride this out till noon and figured out my next move if a mature buck doesn’t pass by then.

Reactions: MoonLab