Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Insulated Bibs

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
You can't go wrong with the Whitewater Outdoors Realtree Pro Series. I'm in my 4th season with my reversible fleece and waterproof bibs and I love them. Bass Pro and Cabelas make some great products as well. But the reversible Pro Series from Whitewater is money well spent.

Matt

Norton, OH
I just bought a new set this season from... of all places.... walmart. Not bad. It's remington stuff, waterproof, realtree, and pretty warm too. A touch on the noisy side, but not the worst I have heard, and really not that noticable. I have noticed only certain stores have it, and some will carry the bibs, and not the jacket, and vice versa. I think I got the whole suit for $140.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
The Red Heads are cheaply made. Most of the snaps have busted or ripped through the material on mine. I recently bought a pair of Wals coveralls at BassPro on discount for $39. That was a major steal. Since the reviews are so good on the Cabela's, I would go with them.

rrr

I've got a pair of black Carhartts but I froze my ass off in them. I'd like to get something just for hunting...we'll see...

(They do make Camo Carhartts and I'm considering those as well)

Right now I am tossed up between two Cabela's pairs and will probably pick one..I'll let ya'll know how they turn out.

walmart sunny boy........ i dont know who makes him cause im not in front of the clothes tag , but those things are warm , just baught me a set few weeks ago , and sat in 30 degree weather catfishg couple nights ago , just to test em out

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
The buckle on Carhartts lays down flat. My Redhead raingear bibs have a big ol' plastic buckle that sucks when yer trying to put a gun to your shoulder. (I love 'em except for that)

I wear either sweatpants or red-checkered flannel lounge pants underneath my insulated Carhartts and stay warm as toast.

Think about the buckle when yer tryin 'em on.....just sayin'

Milo

Tatonka guide.
ernie i may have suit you can borrow if you want to use it and do some more research. its water proof too.

rrr

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on those bibs from Cabela's. I'll have to write up a review after I wear them a couple of times. I looked heavily at other brands and even some other Cabela's bibs but decided that that's what I wanted. All of the reviews say that they are waterproof and very, very warm. The only thing on my mind is how freaking cold I was during muzzleloader season last (13, -15 windchill) and since January hunting will be in my future, I went ahead and got 'em. I go cheap on most of my hunting stuff (poor college kid) but I decided that since I've got the cash from my fellowship, it's ok to buy something nice that I can take care of (preserve with hickory smoke) and use for many seasons to come hopefully. Can't beat Cabela's customer service either.

I was going to get them in Realtree Hardwoods AP because that's what most of my stuff is, but I waited too long and those were backordered, so I got the Mossy Oak Break-up Infinity or whatever...we'll see what it looks like.

Capt