Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Iowa Deer Classic bound

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
With Shea getting a nice deer this year, we decided to make a family trip to Des Moines this weekend and enter it into the ‘big buck’ competition at the Iowa Deer Classic. I haven’t been there in 4 years so am looking forward to it. I’ve also never had a deer officially scored so decided to take my best deer and enter it too. Since I shot it in 2010 it will be entered into the ‘historical’ category.
We’ll enter the deer tomorrow afternoon, visit the show a bit, head to the mall for some shopping, spend the night, and go back to the show on Sunday to see how we faired. I think there could be a chance Shea could win the ‘biggest 8 point’ category, but who knows what else someone may drag in……. I’ll update with the results later.
5877805D-5A57-4A97-A88D-FD162421C397.jpeg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
With Shea getting a nice deer this year, we decided to make a family trip to Des Moines this weekend and enter it into the ‘big buck’ competition at the Iowa Deer Classic. I haven’t been there in 4 years so am looking forward to it. I’ve also never had a deer officially scored so decided to take my best deer and enter it too. Since I shot it in 2010 it will be entered into the ‘historical’ category.
We’ll enter the deer tomorrow afternoon, visit the show a bit, head to the mall for some shopping, spend the night, and go back to the show on Sunday to see how we faired. I think there could be a chance Shea could win the ‘biggest 8 point’ category, but who knows what else someone may drag in……. I’ll update with the results later. View attachment 174461
PREDICTION: She comes out way on top in the 8 Point category. I mean probably going back several years!

THAT IS AN EXCEPTIONAL 8!🤗👍🏻

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Shea’s 8 scored 159 7/8 gross and 156 7/8 net. Anyone know Robert Wood? He is the guy who scored it and is a scorer for Buckeye Big Buck club. From Cincinnati. We chatted with him a bit, real nice guy.

View attachment 174540
I had her deer grossed at 158 to 160. Any 8 over 150 is exceptional 8, imo.

Congratulations to her for that!

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
I’ve not heard of him but that’s not saying much. I don’t get out much. Lol

Sheas deer is exactly 1” more symmetrical than the winner anyway. Lol
She could actually still get the award if anyone ahead of her doesn’t stick around for the awards ceremony. She is also currently in second place for ‘youth firearm typical’. Not sure if that will hold though. My buck is currently in 1st place for ‘historical non-typical’. But entrants can still be brought in until 11am tomorrow.