Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

iPhone or Droid?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well went and picked up the iPhone for the wife and I, going too take some getting used too but we'll get there lol.... Lol that fuggin turkey at the login was pissing me off it kept blocking the login blocks hahaha...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I have an iPhone and I jailbroke it to make it open source. Meaning I don't only have to install apps from the AppStore. This allows me to install apps that apple dorks make but don't have the money to get put in the AppStore. Hotspot, call blocking, app management etc. but that's not for the non tech savvy person to do. Personally I love the functionality of the iPhone and ease of use. There were just a couple features it didn't have that I needed to jailbreak for.

k.stone

central Ohio
Wife and kids have iphone's and I have the droid x2 through verizon. I always thought of the i phone as being more of a ladies or kids phone because it is smaller and seemingly more delicate. Droid x2 fits better in my hands as I have big hands if you know what I mean. lol

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
OK, here is what my son who works with them recommends. He prefers droids because they are easier to tinker with, to make them do different things. If you are the kind of person who just wants to use it out of the box as is he recommends the iPhone.

+1
Its why I have a droid and my wife asn iphone

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I went from a Droid2 to an Iphone4s when my contract was up last. I will probably go back to the Android platform when my contract is up again. I have no real serious bitches about my 4s, just a personal preference towards the Android mostly. Battery life isn't too bad at all on the Iphone.

As far as viruses go, basically you are safer on an Iphone (except for Joe's case where he doesn't have to go through the app store), because they do not allow third-party apps in their store. They have to be apple approved. For Android, when you are downloading apps, just be sure you read the reviews on the app. Most of the time if anyone has trouble with them or they are infected, it will say so in the reviews.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I went to the HTC with Android because this phone has a bigger screen & since I have android tablets, what apps you have on one, you can have on another with no extra charge. Perhaps that's the same for Apple, I dunno. I really liked my Iphone, but my eyes like the HTC better.