Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

ISO Laying Hens

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We lost 2 more this week, which brings me down to 3 total. I'd rather not raise chicks if I don't have to, so I'm looking to acquire some full grown hens. Any help finding some that won't require 4 hour drive, would be welcome.

Floki

Drive to your local Amish that sell brown eggs. Walk up to door do a double knock wait two seconds and do one more knock.

When the door is answered, ask for the elder of the house who is in charge of the eggs.Then wink twice.

Once whom ever it is that’s in charge comes to the door close your eyes, then smile as big as you can and ask for how ever many chickens it is that you need. Thing is ya can’t say chickens. Ya have to say sex toys. Then open your eyes and wink two more times. That lets them know you know the Amish Mafia.. Should be able to get a few chickens. Unless they don’t have any for sale.

Floki

If that fails try Craig’s list farm and garden put chickens in search bar.. May find a deal. Most on there sell layers for 15 a peice may find some tho that are more than half raised.

Floki

@giles was right. He really is a chicken fucker.

😂 Giles he’s just being a hater... He tried trading me three deer sacs for one of my black hens. I said hell no. So we drank about 15 more beers, He looked a little agitated and said he was leaving.

About 20 minutes later I’m sitting out in cave having a beer and I hear some shit,out by the coup.
Next thing I know I’m chasing this fucking guy around my yard he’s carrying a black hen. So I hit em with a half opened Budweiser in the back the head fella drops the chicken takes off running down the driveway. To this day he says it wasn’t him.
58EC98A5-2F0B-46B8-AFE4-B327A054ED2D.jpeg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
😂 Giles he’s just being a hater... He tried trading me three deer sacs for one of my black hens. I said hell no. So we drank about 15 more beers, He looked a little agitated and said he was leaving.

About 20 minutes later I’m sitting out in cave having a beer and I hear some shit,out by the coup.
Next thing I know I’m chasing this fucking guy around my yard he’s carrying a black hen. So I hit em with a half opened Budweiser in the back the head fella drops the chicken takes off running down the driveway. To this day he says it wasn’t him. View attachment 106560
Too skinny too be Dave.... Just sayin.....

Reactions: OhioWhiteTails