Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

IT'S Been Awhile

HillBuck

Union Co
I honestly can not remember the last time I posted on here. Probably a couple of years ago at least but I do check in from time to time to see how everyone is doing. The last couple of years have had me even searching for a chance to get in the stand. My oldest son will be turning 5 next month, my youngest son just turned 2 in June, and my wife and I have twin girls that were born July. 4 kids under the age of 5 make you re-think your priorities. Anyway, even though I have only hunted a grand total of 3 days in the last 2 years, I have been blessed with my 2 largest deer. My father in law told me he is mad at me for being the luckiest person he knows when it comes to deer hunting.

image0.jpeg
This year's deer on day 2 of hunting.

image0 (1).jpeg
Last year's deer on day 1 of hunting. Little man was pumped!!

HillBuck

Union Co
I can honestly say that as much as I love being outdoors in the stand, dove fields, squirrel woods, or following a good setter in the grouse woods, I never imagined being happier being with the family. I do miss spending most of my time in the woods but I wouldn't trade 1 day with the family for a record book season in the woods.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Welcome back, congratulations on the bucks the last couple seasons…. Family obligations trump deer hunting when you’re in your stage of life…. Enjoy the experience….

Reactions: hickslawns

Stressless

Keene, OH
I can honestly say that as much as I love being outdoors in the stand, dove fields, squirrel woods, or following a good setter in the grouse woods, I never imagined being happier being with the family. I do miss spending most of my time in the woods but I wouldn't trade 1 day with the family for a record book season in the woods.
HB - as a dad that has turned the corner on two successful launches of children that both love and respect nature - the happiness and pleasure of the outdoors truly awaits you.

Sharing the discovery, wonder and love of nature and outdoor skills with your 4 offspring and Mrs.... well I can tell you feels like someone is cutting onions under my eyes as I type with the flood of memories and emotions that I had and you'll no doubt have. Best of luck!

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Congrats on two great bucks in short time frame. Almost feels like you didn’t get to hunt when it happens that quick.