Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

It's heating up...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I can't wait until these bad boys show up!!! I thought about having her put: "Tricked Out" on the end of them in the smoke, but decided against it. With shooting Slick Tricks, I thought it was pretty clever. Just decided to keep things simple...

CUS2998_jesse[1].jpg

I love (to) the smoke!!! :smiley_carnaval: I'll have a red index and two whites. I have the Fusion vanes at home to do this, but I'm not sure I am a fan on the clear base as it looks like shit when fletched because the glue is not evenly distributed along the base. The Blazers give a much cleaner finish. I'm bringing a set of Flatlines with Fusions and one with Blazers to the shoot to try out. The nice thing about doing my own arrows is I can fugg around with them until I'm happy. I'll actually have 4 sets of 3 arrows for the shoot! LOL! Two Flatline sets to tinker with and two Axis sets to shoot on the range and to trick shoot with. Let the carbon rain!!!

Last edited:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I'm having trouble getting the fusion vanes to adhere with my helical clamp. The base is so thin that the end of the clamp touches the arrow and prevents the front of the cams from making good contact to the arrow. Gotta take the clamp to the belt sander if I am gonna make it work. I may just sell the ones I have left and stick with the blazers.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
i thought about putting those fusion vanes on, then after about 6 arrows and seeing how cool the blazers looked i decided against it. This is my first set of blazer vanes and I am pumped to go shoot my new arrows tomorrow at some 3D

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have no real reason to switch other than Milo's approval of the Fusions. If he likes something, I'm going to try it out at some point. So far, I'm on the fence from an asthetics standpoint. I'm very particular and if I don't see a major performance difference, I'll stick with Blazers. I have zero complaints with the Blazers, so the Fusions are already down a point from a finished look stand point. For those going to the shoot this weekend, look at the arrows I built for the Diamond Edge package. That's the finished product I'm after and quite frankly, the Fusions won't cut it in the department...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My dad has the fusions on his flatlines. From what I've seen, there is no increase in performance when compared to the Blazers. And I agree with you that the Fusion vanes look like dog shit... So I stick to the Blazers.