Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

It's official, the Buckeye's next coach...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I'm fine dude, I'm just addressing what I've been hearing. You made mention of excuses along with Joe, Beener, and every WVU fan on my FB. I don't consider the list Beener threw up to be viable excuses either (nor have I seen a legit OSU fan use them) and I don't want to see OSU fans hiding behind any of those. I'm in no way twisted up right now. I'm so used to taking shit from this clan, nothing gets me fired up any more! I just laugh and do my best to keep the conversation going...

But your fighting/defending it like you've been backed into a corner. lol

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Every year Michigan and Ohio State have great recruiting classes. Michigan is shaping up to have the best LB and O-line recruiting this year.

What baffles me is all the players that have Arizona State in there top 4 teams. They have rep for Co-Eds but dang. AZ State sucks. lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
But your fighting/defending it like you've been backed into a corner. lol

Because along with being the first to say when they've fugged up, I'll defend them tooth and nail when they're dominating the conference. Same goes for the SEC itself.. When another conference wins 7 of 12 BCS National Championships / 5 in a row, soon to be 6, then maybe I'll give credit where credit is due. Till then i'll fight/defend it like i've been backed into a corner..

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Because along with being the first to say when they've fugged up, I'll defend them tooth and nail when they're dominating the conference. Same goes for the SEC itself.. When another conference wins 7 of 12 BCS National Championships / 5 in a row, soon to be 6, then maybe I'll give credit where credit is due. Till then i'll fight/defend it like i've been backed into a corner..

Ha he was talking to Jesse. It is not all about you Joe ;) lmao

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I had 6 OSU fans in my garage the day of the Buckeyes/Michigan game, and none of those excuses were thrown out after that game. We said "we got beat by a better team", "good game", "give me another fu$(%( beer"!, but never the lame excuses listed. Even had a couple Michigan fans come over later on in the night, they didn't talk much shit and I let them know that I thought their QB and RB had a great game! That's how it should be!

I know guys that will flat out fight each other over OSU/Michigan rivalry... it's still football folks!

epe

Lancaster
Two names to remember: Cardale Jones and Michael Thomas. Jones is a 6'5" 220lbs QB from VA and he made a killing throwing to Thomas (Keyshawn Johnson's nephew). Thomas is 6'4" 200lbs with SEC speed. It was also reported today that Urban Meyer made a few calls to FL and they players are flocking to Columbus including the top DE/LB in FL (No. 8 overall recruit from FL). So we are already seeing what changes Meyer can bring to the Big 10. I honestly believe if he stays 5-6 years, the Big 10 will be a different conference as a result...

Michael Thomas is da man.. His senior year in california. 82 catches , 1756 yards and 22 touchdowns...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I had 6 OSU fans in my garage the day of the Buckeyes/Michigan game, and none of those excuses were thrown out after that game. We said "we got beat by a better team", "good game", "give me another fu$(%( beer"!, but never the lame excuses listed. Even had a couple Michigan fans come over later on in the night, they didn't talk much shit and I let them know that I thought their QB and RB had a great game! That's how it should be!

Exactly! If I bust balls about Michigan, it is because I'm talking to a buddy and buddies are supposed to talk shit! But I'm never disrespectful and I am willing to admit defeat. One thing I will say is that the most vile OSU haters I know, are the WVU fans I am friends with or work with. When I say it is jealousy, I mean it. What other reason would a WVU fan have to hate OSU? We never play them and I doubt we have stole a recruit from them in ages. I'm sorry we play in a legit conference (which now WVU can say they do) and we win football games. Dang. No need to hate!!! :smiley_clap:

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Exactly! If I bust balls about Michigan, it is because I'm talking to a buddy and buddies are supposed to talk shit! But I'm never disrespectful and I am willing to admit defeat. One thing I will say is that the most vile OSU haters I know, are the WVU fans I am friends with or work with. When I say it is jealousy, I mean it. What other reason would a WVU fan have to hate OSU? We never play them and I doubt we have stole a recruit from them in ages. I'm sorry we play in a legit conference (which now WVU can say they do) and we win football games. Dang. No need to hate!!! :smiley_clap:

I think the biggest issue with WVU fans is they have never had to play OSU, so they rag on them all they can. It would be a different story of they had to play them on occasion or every year. They play in the Big East, where's the competition there...

epe

Lancaster
Hey Joe, what ever happened to the guy that tried to kill the Auburn trees? Yeah, only OSU fans are nutty... rotflmao

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I think the biggest issue with WVU fans is they have never had to play OSU, so they rag on them all they can. It would be a different story of they had to play them on occasion or every year. They play in the Big East, where's the competition there...

I've been saying for years that I would LOVE to see OSU and WVU play every year just so when we did win, I could just point to the boxscore and smile!!! :smiley_clap: With them moving to the Big 12, they have gained some legitimacy, but it will be a tough road for them even in a depleted Big 12...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hey Joe, what ever happened to the guy that tried to kill the Auburn trees? Yeah, only OSU fans are nutty... rotflmao

Tried to? Hell, he killed them. I never said we didn't have fanatics or "nuts" I said you guys have a bunch of poser logo wear fans.. Quite contrary I've said many times that the Alabam vs Auburn rivalry is one of the biggest there is. You're talking two universities in the same state 100 miles apart, 76 games and 118 years of rivalry.. Never said we didn't have fanatics / nuts / or awesome fans... One thing you can't be is a poser.. You will pick a side, Alabama or Auburn.. I have many Auburn family members back home being forced to wear Bama shirts this whole week.. I've seen it split families, Cousins never speak again, fist fights in stores, road rage the week after.. Add poisoned oak trees to the list.. While you guys have a large portion of posers, we have a large portion of absolute fanatic nuts. lmao

Last edited:

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Tried to? Hell, he killed them. I never said we didn't have fanatics or "nuts" I said you guys have a bunch of poser logo wear fans.. Quite contrary I've said many times that the Alabam vs Auburn rivalry is one of the biggest there is. You're talking two universities in the same state 100 miles apart, 76 games and 118 years of rivalry.. Never said we didn't have fanatics / nuts / or awesome fans... One thing you can't be is a poser.. You will pick a side, Alabama or Auburn.. I have many Auburn family members back home being forced to wear Bama shirts this whole week.. I've seen it split families, Cousins never speak again, fist fights in stores, road rage the week after.. Add poisoned oak trees to the list.. While you guys have a large portion of posers, we have a large portion of absolute fanatic nuts. lmao

What do you mean by posers?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
For the record, I am in no way upset nor was I trying to do anything other than give Beener a hard time. I also wanted to defend some of our fans. Granted, there are some douchebag Buckeye fans out there just like any other school. Maybe I just don't surround myself with these type of fans. Most of our friends and family are pretty level headed and strong supporting fans of the Buckeyes in the good and "bad" seasons. I try to steer clear of any extremists.

epe

Lancaster
Urban flipped two recruits last night. A four star de that had offers from a lot of schools including Alabama and auburn, and a five star DT, who had committed to Penn state..