Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

It's on... Rut stories

Schu72

Streetsboro
I just got off the phone with a friend of mine, seems he was in a great spot last night. He said he had multiple bucks all over a doe. Unfortunately, he could never get the better buck to stop in one of his lanes. He was hunting in northern Summit county.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Dad's been texting me from the tree. He's seen a shooter ten, a small eight 2 yotes and 3 does. According to him it's a good time to be in the woods right now. Get out there if your in the SE.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Dad's been texting me from the tree. He's seen a shooter ten, a small eight 2 yotes and 3 does. According to him it's a good time to be in the woods right now. Get out there if your in the SE.

Saw a lone doe this morning. I'm beginning to think there are some major issues on our farm right now. This is sad...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Is this the same farm with the hellyans on dirtbikes?

Yeah, but I'm away from that activity right now. It's dumbfounding how little activity there is in this spot despite the sign and cover. I'm tearing this set down in an hour and getting the fugg out of here. Time to hunt somewhere else...

epe

Lancaster
Dad had two does go thru his backyard around 830. Saw a buck in a field on 33 this morning.. Come on Friday morning!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Saw a lone doe this morning. I'm beginning to think there are some major issues on our farm right now. This is sad...

That's one more than I saw Jesse..... Cameras show all at night.... Nothing but turkeys during the day.... On a good note no fuggin dog pictures.....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Headed in to a new farm to hang right now. This will be in Crazy Rack and Hook Jr. territory. Sit tonight and all day tomorrow. It'll be the only time I hunt this farm this year, so here's to past recon paying off. Kansas here I come...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Headed in to a new farm to hang right now. This will be in Crazy Rack and Hook Jr. territory. Sit tonight and all day tomorrow. It'll be the only time I hunt this farm this year, so here's to past recon paying off. Kansas here I come...

First time sits are usually when a biggun' goes down! Goodluck Jesse!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio

Looking forward to hearing how this goes man. Maybe Jr is alive and 155!

hunter11

Akron
Sat this morning saw 5 does and a small 6 the six was right on the tail of a big doe. I let an arrow fly at her but missed went right under her dont know if I hit a twig or if she jumped or what. Saw all those deer before 9:15 after that nothing till I left a noon.

epe

Lancaster
I know some of you guys are saying the rut has been going on at night, but the places I travel, I have hardly seen any road kills. There is a cop on another site saying he has not had hardly ANY deer accidents at night. Man I hope it breaks loose in about 14 hours :)

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I know some of you guys are saying the rut has been going on at night, but the places I travel, I have hardly seen any road kills. There is a cop on another site saying he has not had hardly ANY deer accidents at night. Man I hope it breaks loose in about 14 hours :)

I hear that brotha.

hunter11

Akron
Im just wandering with the weather going up and down so much that were not going to have to much of a rut. That doe I shot at this morn had that buck right on her arse and but he wasnt running her or anything,

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Today I felt like shat but after seeing Flutmans video of Big E I knew I had to be in the tree. At 730 I had what I thought was a target buck at 20 yrds but after he turned I realized he was a real nice 2 and half eight that was 17" wide and 5 inch tines so he got a pass along with a young 10 that was only about 14" wide but had nice tine length. Both bucks were nose to the ground walking. That was it for the morning hunt. This evening I sat in the corner of a nice field, saw a buck cruising several hundred yrs across the field at 4 o'clock that was about it. Its getting better in Athens County...