Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jamey Johnson

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ole boys new album "The guitar song" hits the shelves tomorrow 14th.. Tomorrows looking like a front porch swing and straight bourbon night. It's a 2 disk set called black and white. One is darker music and the other is supposed to be more "uplifting". :smiley_boogie:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I can feel your headache already......

No Headache here... That's what they make good bourbon for.. That, and two Power-aids and asprin before calling it quits. You'll be a spring chicken in the morning. :) You pay for liquor with cash or your body the next morning.. Drink the good stuff.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
If you guys like good outlaw country this boys got it... Pisses me off Nashville don't put him on the radio more than they do. He won a crap load of awards and was praised by even people like the NY post. But yet they don't play him that much... It's against the grain of what Nashville has been trying to do for the past 15 years. Which is this boy band, pop country BS. Good to see someone singing some good old outlaw country

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

I don't fuck around. Thing is this is the first full CD I've purchased in probably six years.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
"Well, some record executives found me on night
I was singing half-lit, they said it sounded just right (right)
They put my name on an album but they shelved all my songs
Said I was somewhere between Jennings and Jones"

Gotta love Jamey Johnson. I like his stuff, he tells it how it is, no BS. Guess I'm gonna have to download it.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'm a JJ fan as well. I'll probably buy the album on iTunes...

The whole two disk 25 song set is only like 15 bucks. I haven't found a cut on either CD that isn't good. So buy em all if you go with Itunes.... Something about buying Jamey Johnson On queer ass Itunes gets me though. LOL

So many times "artist" put out a CD with only 2 good cuts and the rest is junk.... Not this one!

Old boys got a song on here about how life was better when the only LA he knew was Lower Alabama. Having been Born in Mobile and living there until about 9 and staying with my grandfather every summer.... It'll bout rip a southern boys heart out being stuck outside Dixie. Dang.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Queer ass iTunes? Damn man. If I buy the CD, it'll be uploaded to my computer and put on my iPhone and the CD simply becomes clutter. I can buy it for $14.99 (no tax) on iTunes and have it on my phone in 5 minutes! That ain't queer, that's convenience!!! Some might have said CD's were queer 20 years ago! ;)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I picked it up this afternoon. I have to agree its good stuff.

Old boy sings it man. Both of us being southern boys from Lower Alabama it's funny how we have much of the same fugg it, and fugg you, attitude. Couldn't have said it better myself. Check out this track..

California Riots

I pulled off the gravel with my california dreams
Leaving everything i ever loved behind
Well i left Alabama but it never once left me
And it's still the only refuge in my mind

Chourus.
Where you gonna be when half of California riots
Where you gonna run to when the lights go out
I wont be hanging out in California I wont try
Buddy I'll be up and headed south

All the women here look perfect.
And it hardly ever rains
and for some folks here I'm sure it's paradise
I'll dabble with the fortune
And rub elbows with the fame
But I'll be damned if this is where I'm gonna die!

Chourus.

I never thought i would get to see the inside of a limousine
Or a beauty shop on south rodeo drive
Or being sucked into a world where things are seldom what they seem
Makes you wonder if you'll ever make it out alive.

Chourus.

YOU FUGGIN TELL EM JAMIE!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good shit, Joe. Thanks for the heads-up... I'll definitely be picking up this album next time I'm in the store. Like you, I can't stand the way country music has changed here recently... it just isn't country IMO. That's one of the reasons I like bluegrass so much I guess. Seems like bluegrass is still bluegrass these days.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Good shit, Joe. Thanks for the heads-up... I'll definitely be picking up this album next time I'm in the store. Like you, I can't stand the way country music has changed here recently... it just isn't country IMO. That's one of the reasons I like bluegrass so much I guess. Seems like bluegrass is still bluegrass these days.

Hillbilly Speed Metal! Bluegrass is bluegrass. It's a sound of it's own.. I listen to it all bud.