Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jamey Johnson

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Just added Jamey Johnson to my pandora. Listening now. I can already tell I will be picking up his CD for my trip this weekend. Thanks Jack.

BTW, I don't buy CDs so to buy a CD means I really have to like the music. The last CD I bought was in the 90s when I got my first CD player. I think it was Ace of Base or something. :smiley_blackeye:

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Just added Jamey Johnson to my pandora. Listening now. I can already tell I will be picking up his CD for my trip this weekend. Thanks Jack.

BTW, I don't buy CDs so to buy a CD means I really have to like the music. The last CD I bought was in the 90s when I got my first CD player. I think it was Ace of Base or something. :smiley_blackeye:

Yep. I know what you mean.. The last one I bought was like 8 years ago. Mostly because "Artist" will put out on song worth a damn on a CD and the rest are all junk. Not this one i like every one of them. Plus old boy has had it hard in Nashville. He is going against the grain of the big labels and needs the help..

I read a story yesterday where he told a major label the following after they tried to "change his image to better suit Nashville" ... "It's my name in big letters on the front of that album, and last i check yours was on the back in tiny print by the bar-code.. So don't think you're going to tell me how to act, how to sing, and how to do my shows, people buy my albums because of me, not because of some talent manager"

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I picked it up last night finally with the new Gary Allen CD.

I really like the JJ cd. He just reminds me of the old school country and blues. Good Stuff. There isnt one song on the set that isn't good.

The new Gary Allen is OK too. He basically has 2-3 good songs and then the rest are Ok.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I picked it up yesterday morning on my way up to Toledo. Got to listen to both discs going up and on the way home. Don't think it'll be leaving the cd player for a while. So far I like the Black Album a bit better, but the whole damn thing is good...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I was rolling down East Webber road yesterday evening windows down Blasting JJ to the ghetto. LOL

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Went to Meijer to get supplies for my trip so I picked up the cd. I found it in "The Best Sellers" section. I listened to the white album while I was gathering shit up. I didn't hear them all as I was concentrating on packing, but damn that man can sing. His voice is reminds me of Haggard/Waylon/and Jr. Dude I can't wait to really listen to it tomorrow once I'm on the road. Thanks, Jack, as I never heard of him before you mentioned him.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Went to Meijer to get supplies for my trip so I picked up the cd. I found it in "The Best Sellers" section. I listened to the white album while I was gathering shit up. I didn't hear them all as I was concentrating on packing, but damn that man can sing. His voice is reminds me of Haggard/Waylon/and Jr. Dude I can't wait to really listen to it tomorrow once I'm on the road. Thanks, Jack, as I never heard of him before you mentioned him.

Yep.. If ol Joe tells ya it's good country, you can bet the farm on it.. I take my country music serious. LOL There hasn't been a singer come out of Nashville like this in 20+ years... It's going to make "modern country" singers evaluate their songs on their next album.. I looked today and he was number 2 on Amazons best seller list for country.

FUnny how he's a Nashville outlaw though... But then again name me a great that wasn't.. All the greats went against the establishments grain, Jones, Waylon, Willie, haggard, lefty, All the old outlaws.