Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Java Joy - The Coffee Thread

bowhunter1023

Administrator
Staff member
Appalachia
As someone who like bulletproof coffee, I totally get the mouth feel comments. I only have a drip maker at the moment, so it sounds like a press is the way to go.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
30DAFB60-EB03-4CD2-B368-4ADAA5271465.jpeg

bowhunter1023

Administrator
Staff member
Appalachia
French press definitely makes a nice cup of coffee, just not with these beans. Pretty disappointed in how bad this coffee was. It's got a strange flavor that's somewhat reminiscent of bourbon, but it's also an odd, hard to place flavor that overpowers the natural coffee flavor. Thanks FB ads for selling me garbage 😂

20220327_105018.jpg
20220327_110539.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Isaacorps

"J"

Bass Whisperer
Supporting Member
North Carolina
French press definitely makes a nice cup of coffee, just not with these beans. Pretty disappointed in how bad this coffee was. It's got a strange flavor that's somewhat reminiscent of bourbon, but it's also an odd, hard to place flavor that overpowers the natural coffee flavor. Thanks FB ads for selling me garbage 😂

View attachment 148948View attachment 148946
Cool container though. 👍🏼

giles

Village idiot and local whore
Supporting Member
In a bar
I was wondering what that container in the fridge was. Now I know. I think she uses it for tea.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I like a good Kona blend 👍

Agreed. Kona is my all-time favorite. Hard to find a blend stateside that isn't 90% arabica though and there isn't a mandated standard of how much Kona has to be in it before they can label or a Kona blend. Jessica and I went to Kailua Kona on vacation one year, I got back and quit drinking coffee for probably a month. Rurnt me. Even the little marathon station by the hotel was using 100% kona. It's cheaper to just go 100% than import something to blend it with there. If you get the chance to leave the kids at home for a vacation i'd highly recommend it as a vacation spot. Especially if you like sushi too.

"J"

Bass Whisperer
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Agreed. Kona is my all-time favorite. Hard to find a blend stateside that isn't 90% arabica though and there isn't a mandated standard of how much Kona has to be in it before they can label or a Kona blend. Jessica and I went to Kailua Kona on vacation one year, I got back and quit drinking coffee for probably a month. Rurnt me. Even the little marathon station by the hotel was using 100% kona. It's cheaper to just go 100% than import something to blend it with there. If you get the chance to leave the kids at home for a vacation i'd highly recommend it as a vacation spot. Especially if you like sushi too.
If 💯 Kona wasn’t so dang expensive I’d be drinking it daily 😂