Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jenna and the "Big 9"

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Wow just WOW! Textbook story and turn of events any father and child could have in the great outdoors. I’ve said it before and I will say it again, “it don’t get any better than this!” You are very lucky to have what you have, and to share it with family. These days will never be forgotten, every time you see the mount or Jenna is telling the story, no one can really understand the emotions that was expressed and the feeling of more than just killing a great buck.

For you hunters that don’t have kids yet or have kids that are too little, this moment that was shared with us is the highest moment in a fathers eyes when it comes to hunting. Sharing time and making memories that you can’t buy anywhere. It’s that special bond, probably even more with a dad and daughter.....I don’t know I have two boys.

I did shed some happy tears reading your story as it brought me back years ago when my boys hunted beside me. They were nervous when the moment came and I was trying to keep from throwing up cause I was much more nervous. We cried to and hugged when my boys killed their first, tears of happiness and love of the hunt.

I urge everyone of you to take your kids in the outdoors, hunting, fishing, anything else. It pays big dividends that you never could imagine. If your past this time period take another kid that don’t have the opportunity to hunt or their dad don’t hunt. I can’t write how fulfilling this can be in your life and soul.

Wow just WOW! Textbook story and turn of events any father and child could have in the great outdoors. I’ve said it before and I will say it again, “it don’t get any better than this!” You are very lucky to have what you have, and to share it with family. These days will never be forgotten, every time you see the mount or Jenna is telling the story, no one can really understand the emotions that was expressed and the feeling of more than just killing a great buck.

For you hunters that don’t have kids yet or have kids that are too little, this moment that was shared with us is the highest moment in a fathers eyes when it comes to hunting. Sharing time and making memories that you can’t buy anywhere. It’s that special bond, probably even more with a dad and daughter.....I don’t know I have two boys.

I did shed some happy tears reading your story as it brought me back years ago when my boys hunted beside me. They were nervous when the moment came and I was trying to keep from throwing up cause I was much more nervous. We cried to and hugged when my boys killed their first, tears of happiness and love of the hunt.

I urge everyone of you to take your kids in the outdoors, hunting, fishing, anything else. It pays big dividends that you never could imagine. If your past this time period take another kid that don’t have the opportunity to hunt or their dad don’t hunt. I can’t write how fulfilling this can be in your life and soul.

TD you get it there is no doubt. I left it up to her on whether she wanted me to hunt with her or not and she did not disappoint when she asked me to sit with her for the day. Roller coaster ride of excitement and emotion is what you would expect but man I have said it time and again I shook more during all of this than I did when I shot Pete earlier this year. I was rattled beyond anything I have felt in a long time just because I knew what the whole experience was meaning to her. Could not be more proud of her and the shot she made.

WOW!

Just WOW!!

What a year, what a season you've had Chuck! I mean really,,, a year I am certain you'll never forget.

Anyhow, congratulations to your daughter Jenna! Not only on her fantastic buck harvest, but successfully achieving her school academics!

And the story behind this awesome hunt; well, I must admit, it made me nervous, it made me shed a tear, I laughed out loud, then finally, I believe I yelled, 'YES' when the deer was finished.

So happy for you both, and all of that couldn't have happened to a better person. You're a great dad, a mediocre hunter (kidding), and an all around good guy to know.

Congratulations all the way around & well done!

Thank you Denny!! Believe me this year has been a fluke compared to my history of deer hunting. I sure had to think my Dad has had a lot to do with this year's success.

Stressless

Keene, OH
The tale you took the time to write out is a testament to the way you raised your children - and to the respect of the hunt. Thank you for sharing a glimpse through your life's window.

I'm sitting here a long week form my 30 y/o son driving back from Colorado to hunt on the farm in early Jan and damnitman I've got goose bumps! Well done with the pics and yes - the trail cams do capture some great 'unplanned' snaps!