Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jockey Hollow Wildlife Area

CdBurner

Any hunt there ever? Looking for some feedback.

I've driven by it many times and only see the occasional truck parked by the road. Doesn't seem to get much action.

i have been hunting it last few years, during gun week it gets slammed , but before andafter that its usually dead , some nice deer in there but ya gotta walk to find em , the 6 deer limit has really taken a toll on deer numbes out here , but they can be found if ya wanna put the leg work in , where you live at , i know you cant be far from me and cotty

CdBurner

i have been hunting it last few years, during gun week it gets slammed , but before andafter that its usually dead , some nice deer in there but ya gotta walk to find em , the 6 deer limit has really taken a toll on deer numbes out here , but they can be found if ya wanna put the leg work in , where you live at , i know you cant be far from me and cotty

I live in Washington, PA about a 70 minute drive from JHWA. My farm is 10 minutes up the road, off of Rankin road and Rt22.

cool, you pass me all the time then i live in hopedale right off 22 , anyway its good for bow , muzzleloader , and shotgun is a freakin mad house , we got there at 6 am opening morning and there were already people that had been there since 3 am , when the firing line calms down the deer go back to normal and thats when you can get a good idea on what deer are in there , other then shotgun season its quiet there

CdBurner

Thanks for the info. I am very happy hunting at my place. Just wondered about that place because I never see anyone there in Archery season.

CdBurner

archery season is when the big bucks are takin out of there , cause only a few hunt it for bow there was 6 that i know of this year taken out of there that went 150 or bigger

Wow! Nice to hear. That strip mine ground can hold some bigunz. My place is strip ground and there were bruisers all over this season.