Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

just about 2 weeks

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I am going all weekend, I have two tags and i will be shooting any deer that comes within distance....Tired of getting skunked, I pray they show up!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Feels strangely familiar...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328305424.965583.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328305424.965583.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 122

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Been out the past two evenings with zero sightings. The land owner has started tapping maple trees to start making syrup already. I am not sure if this has screwed things up or not. Going out tomorrow morning and evening.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Going out shortly. I have about 1/2 mile walk in today with a climber. I am hunting a property i haven't hit much this year. I got some random pics of a couple decent bucks there in early season. I haven't hit the trail cameras too hard since post rut, or post corn removal. Going off the fact that this place generally holds a couple decent bucks, and with the corn all off finally, I might relocate them again from the stand. It is a long shot. I have nothing to lose.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Just woke up, late. Drinking some coffee and going to the approach. Haven't been there in over a month. We will see what happens.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not so good this morning. Saw two turkeys. No deer. Rain got heavier and turned to snow. Seeing no deer, soaked to the bone, and it being nearly 10am I called it quits. Love to get a nap and hit it again around 2. My wife is having other thoughts. "We need to go buy a dresser for Geoffrey. Can you help me hang this cork board? Are you going to work on the drywall mud today?" My thoughts: I should still be in the woods, soaked to the bone not seeing any deer. Either way the wife is not happy. Oh well, nappy time.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Keep at it fellas, only a day and a half left!

My season ended this morning when I went and had the sting and cables taken off of my bow. I am swapping limbs with a fellow, and he needs them by Friday, so I decided to go ahead and end my season. I'm happy with how this year played out, despite not filling my buck tag. I also know there are two good bucks that made it through the season, so they will be there for the fall.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
going out tomorrow night for the last stand. got a pretty good blister on my bow hand from the torch incident yesterday, but if something comes in, I'm sure I'll manage.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Skunked yet again tonight...

I have seen just 1 deer from stand since before gun season started. That includes some all day sits during shotgun week, bonus weekend and muzzy.

Makes it rather tough to not throw in the towel but there is still that chance that things could finally come together. Going to hit a stand that I haven't been in since November in the morning.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
good luck Ryan! Hope it pays off for you. Took my wife out so she could have a night on the town with the people she works with. Been up since 4am. Getting up again in 3 hours to hunt the morning. Not going to be an easy wakeup. Can't kill them from my bedroom though.