Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kicking around UTV shopping

twireman

Kingston, OH
He has 24" mud tires... We wanted shaft drive after owning polaris Quads. Also power steering fuel injection and the kawasaki engine were a big plus.. Differential lock is impressive too. Not gonna win any races though lol.. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445549282.108789.jpg

Milo

Tatonka guide.
He has 24" mud tires... We wanted shaft drive after owning polaris Quads. Also power steering fuel injection and the kawasaki engine were a big plus.. Differential lock is impressive too. Not gonna win any races though lol.. View attachment 37415
That looks like a sweet ride... Do they move much on price on those things?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Mules and Kubotas are both turds but are good for work on the farm or around the house. If you want an overall great machine Polaris XP is the way go go IMO. Say what you want about Polaris but the XPs are great machines... Probly the best or one of the best UTVs on the market right now. If you go with an XP, do yourself a favor and get the electronic power steering.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Mule or Kubota for work. Be warned the Kubota is LOUD! I have used one quite a bit and your ears are ringing after a few hours.

Mule probably won't need a lift. The are suprisingly good at everything but going fast. The excellent diff lock makes a huge difference.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
To the top.

With Jamie shopping, this thread might help. Plus I have a question.

2013 Kubota RTV for sale locally. X1120D model. 4x4 150hrs, 180miles. Hyd dump bed with aux hyd package as well. No top or windshield. $9900. Deal?

Reactions: Big_Holla

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Negotiated a bit. Ended up buying the Kubota.

Initial thoughts: impressive. Runs 25-30mph. Amazing towing capacity and payload. Not as loud as I anticipated. Pulled my homemade lawn roller (which is massive) and had to pull the drain plug. I honestly thought it was empty. Will put it to work in the next couple weeks using it as a wheel barrow on a big job hauling river rock. Will keep you posted.

Attachments

• IMG_20180625_185619.jpg
    IMG_20180625_185619.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 365

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ha! That's incredible.

It might only be 1100. Conflicting info. One says 1100 while another says 1500. I believe they allow 400# for passengers so 1100# in bed. I am sure it would hold more. They have aftermarket air shocks for them.

The amount of aftermarket accessories is quite impressive. The thing has hydraulic remotes on it so attachments available could be run. Other options from aftermarket included racks, tool boxes, mirrors, cup holders, hitches, dump bed side boards to increase cubic feet of cargo. . . Lights, A/C, heated seats. . . I couldn't believe how much there is out there. Outside of a windshield and roof I'm not sure what I'll add but the fold up storage rack/basket on the front would be handy for chainsaws and such.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I know you already got one Phil, but if anyone else is looking, make sure you take a look at the Mahindras.

Good point. If I were buying new I would at least look at them. Friend of mine bought one and loves it but he honestly uses it more as a golf cart. Lol. Looks Stout.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't "intend" to do anything else to this in the near future. There is a really slick rack for over the hood but I cannot justify $284 for a front rack. The roof and windshield should come in handy though. I think she is set up the way I want her now.

Attachments

• IMG_20180629_200505.jpg
    IMG_20180629_200505.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 357
Reactions: twireman