Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kidney stones

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
A couple months ago I woke up with a severe pain in my back. My first thought was a kidney stone. But it really felt like a charley horse and I wrote it off as a muscle spasm. Since then I’ve had a dull ache there off and on but it’s not a good time to be sick so I ignored it.

This morning I woke up nauseous and after awhile my back started hurting, not as bad as the first night but it was about all I could stand.

Went to the ER and had a cat scan and I have a 12 mm (almost 1/2 inch) kidney stone. They gave me morphine and prescriptions for the rest of the weekend and I see an urologist 8:30 Monday morning about how it’s coming out.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Had one in 2021. Don’t ever want another one, both my kids have had them numerous times. Watched them go through the pain of passing them.
Not a fun process. Hopefully they get it dealt with for you, Sam….

Reactions: Ohiosam

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Hope you get relief soon Sam! My co-worker has been out the last 3 weeks due to one. She got it blasted to help with the immediate pain but an infection wouldn't allow immediate surgery. That's scheduled for Sept. I've never had one, but the pain I've seen ppl in is concerning. Wishing you the best!

Sauger

Warsaw
I feel for you. I went through the same thing back in January. By far the worst pain I have ever been in my life and I have had surgery on every major joint. Mine was 11mm so there was no way to pass. They went in a took it out, then I had a sent in there for a little over a week and man not much pain but had to pee every 5 min. Good luck and speedy recovery.

Reactions: Ohiosam and giles

Fletch

Supporting Member
I had 3.... Never did anything about it... Last check I was down to 2... Must have passed one. Later today I go for a cystoscopy... That's where they insert a camera up your penis into your bladder and look around... Go every 4 months since they removed a mass..
So much fun.

Fletch

Supporting Member
All done. Clean and ready for 4 more months... Sitting on the table I took a pic of the thing they insert in your penis... Figured I'd show you in case you ever had to have it done... Usually most get put to sleep, however I opt to stay awake... Not that I'm a macho man, but because if sedated someone has to bring you.. I hate to be a PIA...
PXL_20230710_205908473.jpg

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
All done. Clean and ready for 4 more months... Sitting on the table I took a pic of the thing they insert in your penis... Figured I'd show you in case you ever had to have it done... Usually most get put to sleep, however I opt to stay awake... Not that I'm a macho man, but because if sedated someone has to bring you.. I hate to be a PIA...
View attachment 180933
I really hope they took it out of that tube first😳

mike hunt

Been there, by any chance did you drink Monster energy drinks? I still have percocets from 2014, I don't go anywhere with out them, they still work, just like the quaaludes they ate on the Wolf of wall street.