Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kill video

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Outstanding! The hunt, the setup, the deer, the shot, the video, the editing, the music. . . . . You nailed it Dale! Great job!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Was that some Deadmau5 for the music? I think I recognize that beat unless its something you cooked up. There is another DJ that comes to mind, but I'm drawing a blank on his name right now.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Really great job all the way around...fantastic work and great shot too...and thanks for not going all Stan Potts on us...:smiley_coolpeace:

deerjunkie

Canton, Ohio
Was that some Deadmau5 for the music? I think I recognize that beat unless its something you cooked up. There is another DJ that comes to mind, but I'm drawing a blank on his name right now.

No, that's not Deadmau5. Just some stuff I purchased...not really sure who the creator of that track is.

deerjunkie

Canton, Ohio
Really great job all the way around...fantastic work and great shot too...and thanks for not going all Stan Potts on us...:smiley_coolpeace:

Haha...I thought about that as I was editing it. Just being ourselves and letting the real emotions show...whether they are good or bad.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
To kill one off the ground like that?

Absolutely...This is really my first year bowhunting and one of my hunts earlier this year, I just stood next to a tree that had a split trunk and helped break up my outline pretty good...my scent was covered pretty good (I had a doe come in from behind me at at about 5 yards)...and I thought that was way better than climbing up a tree....next hunt, I had a good shot opportunity at 30yds but missed high....after that, I put my stand up and have used that for the last couple of weeks...Guess I was just curious to know how long it took you to put a plan like that together for that deer?

deerjunkie

Canton, Ohio
Absolutely...This is really my first year bowhunting and one of my hunts earlier this year, I just stood next to a tree that had a split trunk and helped break up my outline pretty good...my scent was covered pretty good (I had a doe come in from behind me at at about 5 yards)...and I thought that was way better than climbing up a tree....next hunt, I had a good shot opportunity at 30yds but missed high....after that, I put my stand up and have used that for the last couple of weeks...Guess I was just curious to know how long it took you to put a plan like that together for that deer?

Well...our plan really started back in the summer. I run a lot of trail cameras and knew very well where this deer was hanging out. We did the obvious and hung stands in great locations in and around that area. Making sure we didn't push to close to his bedding area. But after a few sits in those stands we realized we needed to get aggressive and just go after him. So...that's what we did. We had two spots picked out to hunt off the ground, open like that. The night before I shot him we were off the ground in the other spot because of the wind. The spot we sat the night I shot him was a much better wind, but we were pretty nervous about getting that close to his bedding area. But...sometimes you have to take that leap of faith and just go for it...and that's what we did. Aside from an actual ground blind, being on the ground at their level and shooting one is such a rush. Needless to say, we already have some things planned for next season that we want to do...off the ground!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Killing a deer in the ground with a bow is absolutely awesome! That was great video Dale and a great shot! Way to get it done on the ground buddy!