Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kill video

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Well...our plan really started back in the summer. I run a lot of trail cameras and knew very well where this deer was hanging out. We did the obvious and hung stands in great locations in and around that area. Making sure we didn't push to close to his bedding area. But after a few sits in those stands we realized we needed to get aggressive and just go after him. So...that's what we did. We had two spots picked out to hunt off the ground, open like that. The night before I shot him we were off the ground in the other spot because of the wind. The spot we sat the night I shot him was a much better wind, but we were pretty nervous about getting that close to his bedding area. But...sometimes you have to take that leap of faith and just go for it...and that's what we did. Aside from an actual ground blind, being on the ground at their level and shooting one is such a rush. Needless to say, we already have some things planned for next season that we want to do...off the ground!

Can't wait! Thanks for the video and thanks for answering my question....I have some work to do for next year!

Loved the slow motion impact shot also....duck and roll and can be a son of a gun and I think this really brought that lesson home to me!

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
Dale, fantastic job editing that video. It was awesome to watch. So many guys don't realize the value of a software editing tool. Are you guys using Mac to edit the stuff or something more high end than mac and software? Again, just an awesome job. I'm going to share this with my buddy who is big into editing and making of films. He'll love it.

BTW, that sounds like Skillrex for the track.

deerjunkie

Canton, Ohio
Dale, fantastic job editing that video. It was awesome to watch. So many guys don't realize the value of a software editing tool. Are you guys using Mac to edit the stuff or something more high end than mac and software? Again, just an awesome job. I'm going to share this with my buddy who is big into editing and making of films. He'll love it.

BTW, that sounds like Skillrex for the track.

Thanks for your comment, I appreciate it! I am using Mac with Final Cut.