Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lake Erie Bite

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
That is a great tail gate picture
Lots of fun catching and eating
I am envious I won’t be going up this year
Jake are you still doing a weekend of shooting fish up there also?

Sent from my iPhone Admin note: Please go in to your app settings and disable signatures. Pro

No . I've kinda gotten away from bowfishing. It was alot of fun while it lasted but after getting to go alot of different places shooting carp in Ohio got old . Add to that the lack of boat ramps near Wooster and a boy who doesn't understand sleeping in and I just got out of it . Sold the boat a few yrs ago and walleye fish now

The shoot still goes on but I'm not involved anymore

Big H

Medina
Report from last week: Tuesday evening 3 limits in 2 hours, Friday 3 limits in 1.5 hours. Saturday 4 limits in 1:40, Sunday 3 limits in 1.5 hours.

Those are fish put in the cooler, we throw back quite a few....

Reactions: Dustinb80

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I
Report from last week: Tuesday evening 3 limits in 2 hours, Friday 3 limits in 1.5 hours. Saturday 4 limits in 1:40, Sunday 3 limits in 1.5 hours.

Those are fish put in the cooler, we throw back quite a few....
It's crazy how good it is up there right now . My boat followed me to work today and I hope to be launching at Wildwood about 430 today . Gonna be bumpy but I think we'll be ok .

Our weekend was similar to yours . Quick limits . Saturday we trolled ( my wife was setting Dipsys in no time ) and Kai and Jess reeled in all the fish .

Sunday me and 3 buddies casted . We caught over 70 and managed to keep a 4 man limit of really nice fish . Kept a few deep hooked 17" fish but most were 20 and the biggest was 28" . Lots of fun on med spinning rod .

Big H

Medina
It was very sloppy out there last night, but we limited out with four of us in just over 2 hours. One of my daughters was blowing chunks over the side and her BF told her to suck it up that we only had 3 more fish to go. My wife and I were cracking up.

Reactions: giles and Dustinb80

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It was very sloppy out there last night, but we limited out with four of us in just over 2 hours. One of my daughters was blowing chunks over the side and her BF told her to suck it up that we only had 3 more fish to go. My wife and I were cracking up.

Is that her ex boyfriend now? 😂😂🎣😂😂

Big H

Medina
LOL, no they get along very well. Both are D-1 athletes that are used to pushing through a little adversity. She did tell me to make sure it is a little flatter next time though.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Fished Friday and Saturday in the central basin casting Erie Dearies. Limits both days with size being better on both trips.

Attachments

• 20180630_062948.jpg
    20180630_062948.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 345
  • 20180629_150014.jpg
    20180629_150014.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 319
  • 20180630_113655.jpg
    20180630_113655.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 246

Big H

Medina
Too much stuff to do on Saturday. It was hot Sunday morning and no breeze, we put a 4 man limit in the boat in about 4 hours. Fish seem to be scattered and you have to work a little harder. Last Sunday there was a nice chop early, and we were able to cast weight forwards. My wife and I got out for the first time by ourselves and had a good time. We ran from Edgewater to out in front of E. 72nd and caught well over 30 walleye and only a few trash fish.

Reactions: jagermeister

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We’ve always struggled on Erie with no chop on the lake, 1’ or less has always been killer up there....
This year for quite a few years the walleye guys were on the break walls casting for them that I can remember in any numbers....

Big H

Medina
Used to love it being flat when I was fishing bass tournaments on Erie. you could sit on top of structure with your graph and drop a tube on their heads. Also, the run from Sandusky to Avon Point and Lorain wasn't so bad. Except for the big boat wakes sometimes LOL

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Used to love it being flat when I was fishing bass tournaments on Erie. you could sit on top of structure with your graph and drop a tube on their heads. Also, the run from Sandusky to Avon Point and Lorain wasn't so bad. Except for the big boat wakes sometimes LOL

We always dropped a marker buoy on the spot and just kept on it with the trolling motor... But a flat lake was death too the bite lol
Those biting knats were bad on those days also lol

Reactions: Big H

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It was a good time! We've been going up every couple weeks Only the third trip this year and It looks like we will miss our next window of opportunity----- cause we are gonna try to run over to Chataqua to fish with my parents a few days the first week of August. :). Summer is too short!

Reactions: MoonLab

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It was a good time! We've been going up every couple weeks Only the third trip this year and It looks like we will miss our next window of opportunity----- cause we are gonna try to run over to Chataqua to fish with my parents a few days the first week of August. :). Summer is too short!

That’s a fun lake... Lots of structure there