Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lake Erie Charter fishing

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Had a spur of the moment trip today. Worked out well. Had limit by 10 am.

Screenshot_20220615-122506_Gallery.jpg

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Not to knock your style or throw shade or anything Gern, but why do 90% of your fish have heat spots…? I would assume the bite is pretty consistent and most fish get caught in bunches then thrown on ice after the drift or anchor gets pulled?

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
I guess walleye are different than the saltwater fish I’m used to catching on commercial boats. Anywho, usually if fish aren’t iced properly they have white blotches on their bodies that we called heat spots. Used to happen all the time when fish would sit on the deck for a half an hour or maybe even longer if we were on a good bite of grouper, snapper, etc. I didn’t mean to ruffle feathers I was just really curious about how fast paced that fishery can be on a charter boat on Erie.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
6 man limit plus Mallory reeled in 3 this morning. Done by around 1130. Pretty good bite. Had to sort thru about 25 sheephead and 20 short walleye. Tail dancers and spoons were on the menu today. 19 to 21 feet of water. The walleye are moving back in closer to shore.
20220625_120542.jpg
20220625_120542.jpg

Bowkills

Nw oh
I was driving to work late friday morning and actually saw the sun coming up and thought of this thread. Cooler than most mornings lately it had to have been stunning going by the rocks catcing a glimpse of the open water with the lake starting to glow to the east. I got chills thinking about what it looked like. hope the eyes continue to snap for ya!! Fish look tastey.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Time to get this thread back up and running. Have some Minnesota guys on the way right now for 2 days of jigging and trolling tomorrow and Saturday. Then another group coming Sunday. Looks to be a good weather weekend. Will update with some fish pictures hopefully.

Also put together a group of pictures from some of last years trips to hang in the man cave.
Anyone looking to catch walleye in the next 4 months let me know if you want to get a trip around. I still have some prime dates available.
20230405_173842.jpg