Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lake Erie Charter fishing

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Guys and Gals,

I am now a US coast guard licensed captain and am running walleye and perch fishing charters on Lake Erie. The walleye bite has been good this year and the perch fishing is just starting to get going. I am booking trips from now until the middle of October. Perch fishing is predicted to be strong this year.

There have been a few guys on this site that have fished with me already this year if you need references. Shoot me a PM or here is my business card. Fully licensed and insured.

I will be fishing out of a 28 foot Baha cruiser, which is a very nice fishing boat with plenty of room for up to 6 passengers.

Here are some recent pictures from this year.

Reactions: Big_Holla

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
I was down in Oak Harbor fishing for walleye 2 months ago. It was a blast. 20160528_094457.jpg

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Looks good. How much does it cost per trip or per person? And is it weekends only? And what time of day do you head out?

Perch fishing is $110 per man and walleye is $125 per man. I prefer a minimum of 4 people and a maximum of 6, but can make exceptions.

I like to leave the dock by 7 am but will go as early as 6 or later if needed. I am available Fridays thru Sundays but can also make exceptions. I am flexible.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I brought up my family to fish a day with Chad and we had an absolute BLAST!!! The bite was slowed due to the peak of the mayfly hatch and near full moon clear nights but Chad still worked his tail off trying to get us on the fish. We ended up with 17 keepers and threw back easily 3 times that!

We also stayed in a very nice air conditioned newly remodeled cottage/garage that would sleep 4 very comfortably and up to 6 if needed for only $90 a night! It had a nice bathroom and kitchen and tv room which made my 3 females very happy! It is also located within the same Marina(Oak Harbor) where Chad is located which was great TOO!

He picked us up in his truck and we were on the water headed out in 10 minutes tops! Here are a few pics of our trip.

Our days keepers

Here we had a double

Youngest daughter with nice Wally

Oldest with one of many

Chad manning the net on this 26"er

I highly recommend Chad and want to thank him again for showing us a GREAT time!

Reactions: Shotgunnwilly

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
I have been out with Chad several times this year and had a blast both times. He really works his ass off to get you on fish. I was worn out. Feel free to pm me with any questions.

Now that he has the new boat I will likely have to go again to check it out. I have no perch in the freezer.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Walleye fishing was excellent over the weekend once again. We had 3 day limits of 36 fish each day, with nearly 80 to 100 throwbacks of undersized walleye each day as well.

I am booking 6 man perch charters right now for the month of August and September, $95 per man for a 6 man charter.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Nice hauls man. That's a lot of work sorting thru that many shorts. Keep up the good work. I'd say anyone looking for a charter on Erie would be crazy not to book with Chad. He stays on em good.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I am booking perch trips for $90 per man right now thru the end of September if there is a group of 6. Perch fishing has been good already in the last 3 weeks.

All fishing will now be done on a 28 foot Baha Cruiser.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Perch bite has continued to produce well. We have had a few days where we got limits in 2 hours. Perch are running nice size this year in the western basin, plenty of 8 inch plus fish.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Made it out on the big lake last weekend for some early spring fishing thanks to the great February weather. Landed 8 fish Ohio walleyes in a couple days.

The time to book is now, give me a call to set up a trip this spring. Fishing is going to be phenomenal this year.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
What pricing are we talking? Do you have a website?

I dont have a website, but I have a brochure made up.

My pricing this year is:

2 to 4 passenger walleye $475

5 passenger walleye $525

6 passenger walleye $600

Yellow perch charters $510

I will also cut a deal to TOO members.